inTank Media Baskets

The Pastel Garden: Drop-Off

gena

uggggh we went to a LFS tonight and they had one of these set up (with an AI prime, too!) and i'm REALLY kicking myself. they look SO cool. your new tank is going to be awesome, gena.

Wish my LFS was this cool!! YOLO

• Like 2

I can't believe how much work you have gotten done on your drop off tank build since the last time I visited your thread. The stand is looking great. This is such an interesting tank and its fun to see everything progress.

• Like 1

good job! love your name in glue....hahah

Tanks stand building is still in progress. Got most done today. Still need to do wood filler, sand, prime, paint, and seal. Plus more sanding in between those things. I want to get a perfectly smooth and glossy finish :).

Here's some photos...I promised I wouldn't be a tank stand tease :lol:.

Screen%20Shot%202016-09-25%20at%203.23.3

Screen%20Shot%202016-09-25%20at%203.24.1

Screen%20Shot%202016-09-25%20at%203.24.0

Screen%20Shot%202016-09-25%20at%203.24.3

Screen%20Shot%202016-09-25%20at%203.24.5

Screen%20Shot%202016-09-25%20at%203.25.0

• Like 1

Thank you all :flower:. I'm pretty excited about this build since it's something so different than I've ever done before. Yes, I've done an AIO before, but this is just so cool looking LOL.

uggggh we went to a LFS tonight and they had one of these set up (with an AI prime, too!) and i'm REALLY kicking myself. they look SO cool. your new tank is going to be awesome, gena.

Nice! I've not seen one in action yet...filled and running. And I still haven't played with the Prime yet. Looking forward to it though :). I wish you would have gotten one of these tanks too! The only other one I'm aware of is Dave from nano-box.

Stand is looking awesome, Gena!

It cooled off a bunch here today. I hope its cooler down by you now too :) I am so ready for fall.

Thanks :). I'm not sure what it's supposed to be like here today...I need to check. But yesterday was a little cooler. And it RAINED! OMG...such a surprise yesterday afternoon. Luckily my stand was under the porch so it didn't get wet at all :).

I have the first coat of paint on and it looks fantastic! I'll sand that this morning and paint again. I may do 3 coats..not sure yet. I'll see how it looks after this next coat. And then sand and seal. It's moving right along.

• Like 5

Glad to hear you got some rain. This is our first "normal" week, the next 10 days only supposed to be in the 70s. I think we're done w/ the 80s!!! I want fall. Felt cool this morning, like 62 when I left the house. SOOOO refreshing.

This is gonna be pretty for sure. You guys do work fast!

• Like 2

Glad to hear you got some rain. This is our first "normal" week, the next 10 days only supposed to be in the 70s. I think we're done w/ the 80s!!! I want fall. Felt cool this morning, like 62 when I left the house. SOOOO refreshing.

This is gonna be pretty for sure. You guys do work fast!

I'm not sure if the rain was even in the forecast. They really can't predict rain out here very well! I was doing my water change and noticed it was getting darker in the room. I glanced out the window but didn't notice it was raining...until I walked into the kitchen and I could hear it hitting the roof over the porch!!! I called my son outside with me...it's our thing to stand in the rain...since it's such a rarity out here LOL. It was very tropical feeling...and so pretty because even though it was raining...we had sun shining :).

Wood glue was smart. I wish I would have used that the sides of my stand. It looks great so far!

Yeah, he always uses wood glue when building. Thanks! Hey...I thought of you the other day when I was on Instagram. Do you do Instagram? If you follow Innovative Marine...they have the Atoll on there with a round stand...very cleverly made!!! I'll link to it here but not sure if that will work or not if you aren't on Instagram.

It's not finished in the photo. I'm curious to see how he wrapped it. I think the guy is supposed to come back with photos of the finished piece!

I personally would be bolting that stand to the wall. Looks like it could tip very easily.

• Like 6

TBH Gena, I am not a fan of Curved or rounded glass/acrylic Tanks. It would seem hard to properly

use a Scraper that has a handle. Ur hands would have to be in the tank to get the tank properly cleaned.

JMO though.

• Like 2

TBH Gena, I am not a fan of Curved or rounded glass/acrylic Tanks. It would seem hard to properly

use a Scraper that has a handle. Ur hands would have to be in the tank to get the tank properly cleaned.

JMO though.

Yeah, like the nanocubes and biocubes it's difficult, from my own experience. I'm thinking this Atoll is easier though since it's not a sharp curve. I'm sure Nathan could tell us how easy or difficult it is to keep clean :).

and definitely...hands in the tank to clean. I'll be doing that with mine since it's acrylic. Slow careful cleaning for sure. I've even scratched my glass tanks before from not being careful.

• Like 1

JMO though.

I loved the looks of my bowfront but even it needs me to do the front glass by hand. I am looking forward to being able to use a scraper on my new tank.
  • Like 3

I loved the looks of my bowfront but even it needs me to do the front glass by hand. I am looking forward to being able to use a scraper on my new tank.

The new tank is awesome! I like how it looks like a cube from the front :).

Is Gena like Gina or Jena?

Like Gina :).

2 coats of paint on. Gonna do another today. We'll see if it needs a 4th after that! I'm so glad this tank stand isn't very big. Takes no time at all to put a coat of paint on it!

• Like 5

Yeah, he always uses wood glue when building. Thanks! Hey...I thought of you the other day when I was on Instagram. Do you do Instagram? If you follow Innovative Marine...they have the Atoll on there with a round stand...very cleverly made!!! I'll link to it here but not sure if that will work or not if you aren't on Instagram.

It's not finished in the photo. I'm curious to see how he wrapped it. I think the guy is supposed to come back with photos of the finished piece!

I personally would be bolting that stand to the wall. Looks like it could tip very easily.

dang that's smart. I am also curious how they covered it. That was going to be the issue I was going to have. It's too late for me now though i already have the water and rock in mine :P

• Like 1

I hope your weekend is going well, Gena! How's the stand coming along? :)

It is, thanks!!!! Same to you!!! I'm am loving this fall weather we are having today :happydance:. Yesterday I made some pumpkin bread. I have pumpkins on my front porch. I love fall :wub:.

I didn't do a darn thing with the stand all weekend. It looks pretty good though!!!! I think it's ready to be sealed so I'll probably start that tomorrow. Two coats. I have to look up and see how long in between I need to wait.

Wish my painter would get back to me so I can get this thing up and running :). I'll have to give him a call to see what's up. I may end up painting myself :scarry:.

• Like 1

I love fall too! I haven't gotten any pumpkins yet, but I did drink some pumpkin hard cider last night. Yum! I'm ready for it to get chilly so I can get out the sweaters. I did a bunch of shopping yesterday because I needed fall/winter work blouses and sweaters. I bought like 7 blouses and sweaters, so now I'm ready for chilly weather! :)

Silly painter! Holding up the tank build! Grrr! :lol: Painting isn't so bad...its just tedious. I've painted accent walls in my apartment and they turn out well. I just hate how long it takes me. I'm not quick at painting since I'm so careful about it.

• Like 1

I love fall too! I haven't gotten any pumpkins yet, but I did drink some pumpkin hard cider last night. Yum! I'm ready for it to get chilly so I can get out the sweaters. I did a bunch of shopping yesterday because I needed fall/winter work blouses and sweaters. I bought like 7 blouses and sweaters, so now I'm ready for chilly weather! :)

Silly painter! Holding up the tank build! Grrr! :lol: Painting isn't so bad...its just tedious. I've painted accent walls in my apartment and they turn out well. I just hate how long it takes me. I'm not quick at painting since I'm so careful about it.

The stand is done! Looks like we're going to start the living room painting this weekend. The painter is supposed to be back in town this weekend but won't be able to get started till the end of the week. So we're going to paint walls and trim because the 17th is when the remodel is supposed to start. Unless I delay it again, which I don't want to do, I need to get the painting started now. There's a high likelihood that the new tank will be up and running mid week :happydance:.
  • Like 4

I hate having to deal with someone else's schedule, it throws the momentum off when you're ready to go!!!! At least there's a time table now.

• Like 2

ALMOST done! I have to do one more coat of paint on two walls tomorrow. I would have finished today but I was out and about (shopping :blush:) so didn't get a coat on until late. I LOVE the new color in the living room. It's so fresh. And the tank looks AMAZING :wub:. I don't have any pictures yet LOL. But my plan is to get sand and water in the tank on Thursday. Let it run a couple of days and then transfer. So probably transfer on Saturday :scarry:. Really excited about this. It's been and going to be some busy days with painting, transferring, and moving furniture for the remodel. I'll be glad when this is all done so I can relax again!

• Like 6