inTank Media Baskets

The Pastel Garden: Drop-Off

gena

time to see about getting this fox coral fragged. Gonna ask my new LFS if they can cut it for me. I youtubed fragging a fox coral and it looks really easy to do..just have to have the right saw which I don't have. It's so happy in this tank and covering too many other corals now :o.

Thats a good problem to have. I hope the fox fragging goes well.

• Like 3

Thats a good problem to have. I hope the fox fragging goes well.

Went to my LFS and asked about them fragging it. They said they could do it. So I'll probably take it in next week :scarry:. I'll take half and they can have half!

Just have to get my porcelain crab off of it before I take it in!

Look at that crazy fox!!!!

• Like 16

Wow, the tank looks so good already!

When you said you were fragging the fox coral I was all excited to get in line for a frag :flower:

But then I saw you're giving the frag to the LFS :tears:

• Like 1

Wow, that last pic really shows how enormous it is! Fast grower I guess too, huh?

Has it been a year that I've had it? I can't even remember. It is definitely bigger than when I first got it and it has a ton of mouths on it now. Pretty interesting coral for sure.

Hey beautiful tank! Do you mind sharing your Prime and MP10 settings? Will be setting up both soon and would like a good idea as a starting point.

Thank you very much! The Prime I have all colors set evenly at 60% and I did the easy setup mode. I really haven't played with it at all. I'm not a techie type of person so I have no desire to fidget with the settings. It's working just fine as it is so I don't even want to mess with it LOL :D. The mp10 is set to the yellow mode and only up to the 4th lighted circle thingy. I can't turn it up too high because I have very fine sand. The combination of the mp10 and the returns on the tank are plenty for what I am keeping.

What settings are you using with the Prime?

See above :).

Tank is looking wonderful. You are going to need a larger drop off soon. :P

Haha...not a chance :D. Thank you!!!!!
  • Like 2

Wow, that Nemenzophyllia is just huge! That thing would take up half my tank :)

Hope the fragging goes well.

Thanks! I think I'll try to take it in today. If I have time. It definitely needs to be done this week!
  • Like 2

Took the fox coral in yesterday to my LFS and they did a great job fragging it for me. I took a quarter of it and let them have the rest. It's nice to have some space around it again. I'll just keep fragging it when the time comes :D.

• Like 10

Yes, it looks good, that looks like a tremendous amount but I guess it's still trying to heal.

It is a lot smaller than it was! There's a portion of it that is still shriveled, where they made the cut. It's a little fluffier in that spot today. Right now it's the perfect size!

I remember when that brain was getting bleached and now look at it :) tank looks awesome.

Yep, me too! It was pretty bleached but you helped me get it back to health. I'm a little worried moving it to a new light will bother it, but so far so good! I've had that coral quite a few years now. I'd say it's my favorite :D.
  • Like 3

It is a lot smaller than it was! There's a portion of it that is still shriveled, where they made the cut. It's a little fluffier in that spot today. Right now it's the perfect size! Yep, me too! It was pretty bleached but you helped me get it back to health. I'm a little worried moving it to a new light will bother it, but so far so good! I've had that coral quite a few years now. I'd say it's my favorite :D.

glad it made it. You have had it 4-5 years I think?
  • Like 2

glad it made it. You have had it 4-5 years I think?

Yep! 2012 and I wish I remembered where I got it from. I think my LFS just down the street. I have a lot of favorite corals but I think this is truly my very very favorite. They are so darn cool :D.

Here's the newest FTS. I posted it on Instagram the other day. The fox is doing GREAT! Like I never even cut it.

And since it's the season......

I'll show off my tree and my newest hobby...macrame. The one above my tank I purchased. Then decided I need to make one of these on my own. So my first creation a couple of weeks ago is the one on the door. And then last night I completed the plant hanger. They are made with 100% cotton rope. I ordered more rope yesterday to do more plant hangers and a big wall hanging for my new bedroom. Unfortunately I got notice that the rope for my plant hangers is on backorder :(. I was going to make one as a gift for my friend for Christmas. Hopefully it's back in stock soon.

• Like 8

Check this out!!!! I glanced over at my tank just a bit ago and saw something in a spot it shouldn't be LOL. Turns out my pompom crab is now carrying around trumpet coral :lol:. I love that crab...so cool. I've had it FOREVER. I had a pair at one time and since lost one. This guy/gal has to be ancient now..

• Like 11

Love the new tank gena! I've been lurking far too much, and felt I had to respond!!!

I also had a question (sorry if you mentioned it previously) but are you dosing anything right now?

• Like 2

I miss my little pom pom crabs. I've always heard of them doing things like that but mine never did.

I don't always see mine. Maybe once or twice a week if that. Who knows what he'll be holding next time I see him LOL.

Love the new tank gena! I've been lurking far too much, and felt I had to respond!!!

I also had a question (sorry if you mentioned it previously) but are you dosing anything right now?

Thank you very much! I appreciate the response :). I am dosing. Everyday I do 2-part (b-ionic) and a few Brightwell products. Iodide, Potassium, and Strontium. And then MB7 which I was doing once a week. But I'm going to start daily because I have some high nutrients in my tank at the moment. My female GBG kicked the bucket and I ended up losing my long polyp toadstool that I got from MACNA :(. It got fried by the light and couldn't recover.
  • Like 4

Check this out!!!! I glanced over at my tank just a bit ago and saw something in a spot it shouldn't be LOL. Turns out my pompom crab is now carrying around trumpet coral :lol:. I love that crab...so cool. I've had it FOREVER. I had a pair at one time and since lost one. This guy/gal has to be ancient now..https://www.instagram.com/p/BNx2sHTDoh5/?taken-by=thereefgarden

That's awesome. Wonder how long they will live for...
  • Like 1