SaltCritters.com

My Miracle Trachyphyllia

HarryPotter

HarryPotter

At my LFS, I saw a trachyphyllia in the $4.99 hospital tank. There was skeleton everywhere, and just a tiny flesh in the center. I had to save it!

I shaved off most of the skeleton with my dremel, gave it weekly CoralRX dips, and fed it every single day.

This shows you what hard work and patience can do, and really makes me happy and grateful :)

Now looks how it is! Twice the size of my fist, beautiful, and is ALWAYS hungry! (Check out those sticky tentacles!)

I FEED IT BEEF HAMBURGERS :)

IMG_0618_zps0elleeow.jpg

Before:

e31044a6-632c-446e-84fd-e6d8e7004307_zps

HarryPotter

Nice Save! That's one healthy looking coral!

Thanks! I am trying to find a "before" picture (Terrifying- gigantic gaping mouth and ripped flesh)

HarryPotter

This picture doesn't show how bad it was- the flesh on it was complely rotting and gross, and there was weird goo inside it (Since the mouth was gaping)

e31044a6-632c-446e-84fd-e6d8e7004307_zps

HarryPotter

Hamburgers as in...beef hamburgers? That's awesome!!

Yess! I don't know why more people don't feed pure beef!

I have a single frozen patty dedicated to the trachyphyllia. I just break off small pieces, warm them up, and feed it! It REALLY likes it :lol:

HarryPotter

One more thing:

How do trachyphyllia propegate? Do they split? Release mini-trachyphyllia? Eggs & Spirm?

I need my trachyphyllia birds and the bees!

HarryPotter

That's f'n amazing save there. Beef.. it's whats for dinner.

IKR! I dont know why more people don't use it. Like... its pure protein! Already clean and fit for human consumption- beef patties are where its at y'all

lilmatty5dimes

stunning piece. i almost got a steal for one of these for $25 and trade for a zoa frag. i'm kicking my own as$ for not having any room in the tank for it. lol

HarryPotter

stunning piece. i almost got a steal for one of these for $25 and trade for a zoa frag. i'm kicking my own as$ for not having any room in the tank for it. lol

Thanks! Let's see yours!

I just fed it some hamburger lol. I feel like it's easier to swallow than mysis since its heavy- doesn't float around the tank!

Archived