Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Lucky break, just when I had given up

Havok_9

After loosing a battle against dinos in my 30gal reef tank I tore it down and sold off mostly everything piece by piece. It was my first saltwater and ran for about two years and killed me. I decided to cut my losses after the expensive crash- lost all of my livestock except my original o. Clown. Sold everything but couldn't bring myself to sell off my very first marine fish. So I held her basically in the unlit, stripped down, empty tank for a couple weeks not sure what to do next.

Then by stroke of luck I found an amazing deal, or at least what I think is. Nuvo 16 gal with stand, upgraded pump/rotating returns, skimmer, current orbit led lights, all around a yr old- and a bit of live rock and sand to boot. All for $200. Just glad to catch an affordable break. Going to make a build thread in the next few days as I add some more rock and fix the scaping. Just wanted to share my excitement with my find and starting fresh!

PFq7C1R.jpg

Pinner Reef

OH! I'm about one good deal away from you. I have one fish left from my Dino crash and maybe 8 corals from my couple dozen left. I have Ideas for my future tank tho.

HarryPotter

Amazing deal! Glad you're back in the hobby :-)

Make sure to quarentine and dip EVERYTHINGGGG (oh and remove frag plugs as well)

OH! I'm about one good deal away from you. I have one fish left from my Dino crash and maybe 8 corals from my couple dozen left. I have Ideas for my future tank tho.

Sorry to hear you went through the same thing! That nasty slime is the worst. Best of luck on your new tank, at least you still get the excitement with starting new.

Amazing deal! Glad you're back in the hobby :-)

Make sure to quarentine and dip EVERYTHINGGGG (oh and remove frag plugs as well)

Thanks! I was sooo bitter about losing everything after two yrs of dedication, but that little piece of me still really wanted to keep up with the hobby because it is so amazing and rewarding. And YES I will be much more cautious and dip/quarantine everything.

HarryPotter

Sorry to hear you went through the same thing! That nasty slime is the worst. Best of luck on your new tank, at least you still get the excitement with starting new.

Thanks! I was sooo bitter about losing everything after two yrs of dedication, but that little piece of me still really wanted to keep up with the hobby because it is so amazing and rewarding. And YES I will be much more cautious and dip/quarantine everything.

Where in Florida are you? Im in South Miami!

I know how you feel- after my upgrade last week every day I have been struggling with Diatom algae. I know its not as bad as yours, but the stress/irritation every day is just part of the hobby :)

I'm in Orlando. I loooove Miami, VIP reef is one of my fave stores- their rock nems are legendary. In fact I lost three multicolored ultras in my tank crash! ugh.

And I was also battling diatoms right before the dino took hold. I didn't realize it was actually a combination of that and dino until the effects and loss of fish became much more aggressive. You're right, it is so irritating when all your hard work seems futile. I'm keeping this new tank very lightly stocked. The only reason I think I struggled with dinos and diatoms in my last tank, I think, is because I had my 30g a little over stocked and the feeding/fish waste was too much too keep up with- even with a skimmer. Lesson learned.

And whats funny is the fact that friends/visitors to the home don't appreciate the rarer fish or corals anyway- their faves were always "Nemo" and the pulsing xenia because it moved lol

Archived