SaltCritters.com

help me locate an acrylic tank, please

seecrabrun

seecrabrun

I want to upgrade my 20H to the largest tank the area can accommodate (which isn't much larger) and I want to go acrylic.

So I'm looking for a tank to fit a 30x16" space, but I want it deeper than 12".

My perfect size would be 28x16" and I think 17-18" on height.

Who do you know of that makes a good acrylic tank? It doesn't need anything fancy about it, just a quality acrylic box.

Thanks!

Any reason you don't want glass? Mr.Aqua has a 32 gallon (23.6" x 17.7" x 17.7") which is close. I assume that you have a stand that's 30" x 16", so that probably won't work; however, you could get a new stand for it.

It won't be cheap, but TruVu could make you a custom acrylic tank if you wish.

seecrabrun

Maybe I'm overly clumsy or maybe the tanks I have are crap, but I always scratch up my tanks after only a few months, sometimes while I'm setting them up.

At least with acrylic the scratches can be fixed.

Also the stand isn't really a stand, it's a butcher's block. This is in my breakfast nook. So it can handle any size tank within the limits of its own measurements.

There are so many low iron glass tanks now that are beautiful and nice thick glass you will have a hard time scratching them.

If you tend to scratch up glass tanks, acrylic is going to be much worse. Yeah, you can fix light scratches on an acrylic tank, but scratches might be the top reason to get a glass tank over an acrylic tank.

seecrabrun

Is there more durable glass? I've scratched every tank I've owned. On the inside and outside. Even after learning to be super careful.

Archived