inTank Media Baskets

Oh man: Urgent Ident- worm? Dangerous or neutral!>!>!

HarryPotter

Arkayology

Looks to be a bristle worm. Harmless IMO, though some people don't like them because they aren't cute looking. They won't hurt anything though and are an excellent (free) CUC member.

HarryPotter

Looks to be a bristle worm. Harmless IMO, though some people don't like them because they aren't cute looking. They won't hurt anything though and are an excellent (free) CUC member.

Are you sure? I am worried because I have a clam that was recently moved to the sand bed.

Ill double check online as well, and bash myself in the head for not dipping the recent mushroom purchase.

Arkayology

Are you sure? I am worried because I have a clam that was recently moved to the sand bed.

Ill double check online as well, and bash myself in the head for not dipping the recent mushroom purchase.

Well, I need a better picture with more light on it, but I am 90% sure it is your common garden variety bristleworm. They will not harm your clam unless the clam is already dying. They are scavengers.

looks like a normal bristle worm from the pics, a clearer pic showing the mouth would be better. Or google Euclid worm and compare it to the pics, that's what you don't want in your tank.

HarryPotter

Thanks everyone! I ended up tossing the worm since I am leaving for the weekend, but am glad that it's not harmful!

it was legit wrestling with by scarlet hermit crab!

I will be away for the weekend, with nobody to watch the tank. I filled up the 5g ATO, checked the battery backup, and triple checked the lighting. It looks good! Really nervous though!

Well, I need a better picture with more light on it, but I am 90% sure it is your common garden variety bristleworm. They will not harm your clam unless the clam is already dying. They are scavengers.

looks like a normal bristle worm from the pics, a clearer pic showing the mouth would be better. Or google Euclid worm and compare it to the pics, that's what you don't want in your tank.

Bristle for sure

Archived