ReefCleaners.org

zoa/paly noob

sydbarrett

sydbarrett

Hi, so I've been in the hobby for quite some time and have never had problems with zoas, but i picked up acoupe frags (quite afew expensive ones) of a reputable canadian source and they really are not as they seem in the pics. They pretty much look like dull versions. The pics were all wysiwyg, and i have been assured that they are not photo shopped or enhanced at all. Could it just be the lights? Im rocking the new gen razors and the photos were taken under t5s.

does anyone have any tips as to taking true to reality photos?

would these zoas colour up under different lights?

Most vendors take photos that are enhanced or manipulated to a certain extent. While yes, lighting is a huge factor, so are water parameters. Two different tanks run at different levels. It's hard to answer your question with a pin-point... but proper water quality, and lighting is a must. Now, in my experience my zoas had a deeper color under led than t5. BUT, in pictures... T5 makes them pop more.. as I found my camera renders the photo better than LED. But in person, LED made the zoa pop more.

Oh yea, I was using the 420R 16k...

opaquelace

Hi, so I've been in the hobby for quite some time and have never had problems with zoas, but i picked up acoupe frags (quite afew expensive ones) of a reputable canadian source and they really are not as they seem in the pics. They pretty much look like dull versions. The pics were all wysiwyg, and i have been assured that they are not photo shopped or enhanced at all. Could it just be the lights? Im rocking the new gen razors and the photos were taken under t5s.

does anyone have any tips as to taking true to reality photos?

would these zoas colour up under different lights?

Yes. I find T5s can really brighten up some corals. Depending on the type of bulbs and the combinations of bulbs T5s can produce some of the most beautiful coloration in any coral imo. Also depends on the amount of blue light used for the photos and the photographers skills. I went to a wholesalers shop once (in his garage) and he used T5s exclusively. He had some of the brightest reds and oranges I've ever seen.

Archived