SaltCritters.com

DIY to my own designed system. NEED FEEDBACK!

mirtnm

charnelhouse

The things you are sending the bacteria in are called "ampUles", not "amples". Sorry, but that's all I have for now.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wait. You're gonna say he's resorting to name calling and the first thing you did when you posted was call him a liar?

That's some classy logic right there.

Never called him a liar. Not once. I did say there were lies and lying in the marketing, which is true. Take exception to the facts and what I actually said and not some perceived negative motivation you are placing on my comments.

Never called him a liar. Not once. I did say there were lies and lying in the marketing, which is true. Take exception to the facts and what I actually said and not some perceived negative motivation you are placing on my comments.

*snerk*

Logic failure. If you call a statement a lie and attribute ownership of that statement to someone you have called them a liar. Indirectly or otherwise.

Christopher Marks

*snerk*

Logic failure. If you call a statement a lie and attribute ownership of that statement to someone you have called them a liar. Indirectly or otherwise.

Ok fellas, everyone has made their point. Let's stop arguing over semantics and move forward with constructive feedback.

The things you are sending the bacteria in are called "ampUles", not "amples". Sorry, but that's all I have for now.

thank you ill fix that right now!

HarryPotter

thank you ill fix that right now!

Mirtim- on the page you advertise that you can "manage your aquarium's temperature, pH (acidity), ORP (oxidation reduction potential), DO (dissolved oxygen), and nitrates"

However, the Reef Monster does NOT have outlets, so that equipment (heater, kalk, O2, etc) can be connected. How can one control the "aquarium's temperature, pH (acidity), ORP (oxidation reduction potential), DO (dissolved oxygen), and nitrates" without any outlets?

Mirtim- on the page you advertise that you can "manage your aquarium's temperature, pH (acidity), ORP (oxidation reduction potential), DO (dissolved oxygen), and nitrates"

However, the Reef Monster does NOT have outlets, so that equipment (heater, kalk, O2, etc) can be connected. How can one control the "aquarium's temperature, pH (acidity), ORP (oxidation reduction potential), DO (dissolved oxygen), and nitrates" without any outlets?

Good point. It should be "monitor your aquarium's..."

Good catch. Yeah, no way to "Monitor and manage" the unit. I also noticed no heater and no powerhead in the tank. Both the pumps (skimmer and sump) look identical and I am not sure if one is optimized for foam fractionation or not. Not even sure what GPH they are as they only list wattage. They did have an MP10 clone at one point, but all mention of it is mostly gone. So folks are going to have to buy a heater and powerhead at start up.

IMO, the tank really is not all that novel and will actually be more complicated to someone new. Also, ORP, pH, O2 sensors are useless to most hobbyists, let alone new entries. The O2 will be at saturation with the skimmer deployed, chasing pH is a bad thing, and ORP no one really understands (it is the most complicated thing we can measure). I would like to know more about the Nitrate probe. How accurate? How do you calibrate it (and the other probes). Are calibration solutions and instructions included?

IMO, it is one of those all-in-one tanks that people hop-up and modify to meet their needs. It has limited function in that you can't control anything and need to purchase more items to make it work (a heater should be included). Basically a tank with decent light and a bunch of stuff I don't need and would end up swapping out or modifying, and a few things I would have to purchase.

Wow I'm surprised this is still up - I posted a request for critiques on a video I made for a contest and got infractions on several sites and an outright permanent ban on one because apparently it was a commercial interest or something? Certainly less of a commercial interest than this though, but who knows...

So I didn't read much of this post, but It looks like the OP is active in reading and trying to incorporate feedback received...

So here's my take...

I read through the Indiegogo and it seems like a pretty cool product if it works as described. The site is well done for the most part.

Now that being said I honestly think that your product isn't aligned with the appropriate market. I'm not sure who you're marketing it to.

On one hand it looks like you're marketing to the consumer who knows nothing about aquariums and just wants to purchase a tank and have it work out of the box - I say this because there's not a lot of choice in what to include in the package initially. Also you make several mentions to "avoid the hassles of a normal aquarium". What hassles specifically? I'm not seeing how purchasing this package would be any simpler than purchasing a tank, light, and HOB power filter - a simple approach and you don't end up with gadgety or unnecessary items. The ATO is a possible exception to this - though the reservoir looks too small to really let go for long.

On the other hand it looks like this is marketed toward the advanced hobbyist because it includes water quality measurement tools and controller functions. Normally I wouldn't think that the inexperienced hobbyist would be concerned with these things as they're not necessary to maintain a basic tank and you would have to know quite a bit before getting to the point of reading water parameters using a phone and then knowing what to do about it.

Finally the Q&A section isn't focused on the product. Questions like "how many fish" or "how often to change the water" are not simple responses that can be applied to everyone so I would just take those kinds of questions out completely.

So in conclusion I think it's a cool product but I'm not going to get one because I can justify the "inconvenience" of buying a few components separately to get the kind of tank I want and without having unnecessary features.

Thank you for that catch! I should have wrote that the reef monster can manage lighting instead. I just fixed that part though!

Good catch. Yeah, no way to "Monitor and manage" the unit. I also noticed no heater and no powerhead in the tank. Both the pumps (skimmer and sump) look identical and I am not sure if one is optimized for foam fractionation or not. Not even sure what GPH they are as they only list wattage. They did have an MP10 clone at one point, but all mention of it is mostly gone. So folks are going to have to buy a heater and powerhead at start up.

IMO, the tank really is not all that novel and will actually be more complicated to someone new. Also, ORP, pH, O2 sensors are useless to most hobbyists, let alone new entries. The O2 will be at saturation with the skimmer deployed, chasing pH is a bad thing, and ORP no one really understands (it is the most complicated thing we can measure). I would like to know more about the Nitrate probe. How accurate? How do you calibrate it (and the other probes). Are calibration solutions and instructions included?

IMO, it is one of those all-in-one tanks that people hop-up and modify to meet their needs. It has limited function in that you can't control anything and need to purchase more items to make it work (a heater should be included). Basically a tank with decent light and a bunch of stuff I don't need and would end up swapping out or modifying, and a few things I would have to purchase.

I initially planned on including a heater, wave maker, and voss sensor but it would just make the price tag on the unit even higher. I wanted to target people who wanted to get a good start to their aquarium, but still have the choice to improve upon the tank's system.

Looks interesting for sure. Who makes the tank?

The tank is made by a manufacturer i know in korea, but if it were to reach its goal i plan on outsourcing to another manufacturer in china or depending on if i can work a better deal out id prefer to stay in korea to keep shipping costs down and all

Archived