Innovative Marine Aquariums

Unknown Acrylic Tank ID

Hig789

Looking to get back into saltwater after a few years away. I had a 90g mixed LPS/SPS tank for 3 years until life got in the way and I had to break it down and sell it.

I stopped by our LFS today to see what kind of options they had for a all in one nano. They ended up having a used tank that looked really nice but it didn't have any markings on it as to who the marker was. It is acrylic and has a few scratches in it but the believe those can be removed or fixed but I haven't looked that much into it. It comes with a stand, return pump, skimmer and a hood. The only lights it has is the little coralife CF one in the bottom. The hood is empty and has plenty of room for a retrofit LED setup I believe, I'd also add a few fans to it. I didn't even think to get measurements on it because I had my 2 year old with me but it is almost the exact same size as the 14 gallon BioCube sitting next to it. It was one of their store tanks that didn't get setup again after they recently moved and the guy was busy so I didn't have a chance to really question him about it. He told me they wanted $150 for the tank and stand but I believe I could get it cheaper than that.

Looking to have a pretty simple setup right now. Probably just a clown, shrooms, zoos, and maybe LPS. I like the idea of keeping the hood on it as a cover to prevent the possibility of stray toys from going in it and it cut down a little on evaporation. Plus I think it just looks cleaner.

Thanks for any help you can offer.

D8EE1311-62AD-4209-8E7E-8B22FF140127_zps

ED623DBE-A19A-4209-9EA3-994DF892BD64_zps

B4A482EF-E72E-4030-AD22-27B2B4D1C4DD_zps

HarryPotter

IMO that's a great liking starter tank. $150 is not bad at all if its truely PNP, and it's bordering on an awesome deal if they include slimmer and the hood.

BioCube 14 is going to cost you $400+ without most of that equipment

Everything there is included. All I need to do is add a light to it. The hood is a blank canvas with no light ever being mounted in there. The best I remember is they had a pendent hanging over it. Probably going to pick it up tomorrow night.

chicagoreef

Maybe all all-in-one acrylic aquarium construction look about the same, but except for the skimmer it looks a lot like one I have from Innovative Plastics. However, it doesn't look like they make one this small.

http://acrylicaquariumsbyipi.com/ABOUT_US.html

You might want to look into the ecoxotic LED pro and stunners for the canopy - they work without a fan, though I'd still look into how to vent that canopy.

I have no idea if either one of those are it. Kinda the same shape though. I am going with a small led retrofit from nanobox, with moonlights and a bluefin controller. I am going to put a good quality fan on one side of the hood also.

Archived