Top Shelf Aquatics

Cespitularia?

Mom2many

I bought this at and don't remember what it is called. I have combed the internet and the closest I can come up with is Cespitularia? What do you owners of it think?

post-87944-0-88991400-1432237198_thumb.jpg

LebaneseDlight

Yep! You got it. Also called Blue Xenia, but not a true Xenia. I had a small frag which turned into a huge colony, and then the colony melted and caused a mini crash in my tank. Keep it isolated, like you have now, and you should have it contained. It's also easy to frag if it gets big. Years ago, a small frag cost like $75!

They're a lot less malignant than normal pulsing xenia so controlling it shouldn't be a huge problem.

These were typically referred to as blue or purple cespitularia. Little hard to tell which one it is from the picture, but care and temperament of either are the same.

Yep! You got it. Also called Blue Xenia, but not a true Xenia. I had a small frag which turned into a huge colony, and then the colony melted and caused a mini crash in my tank. Keep it isolated, like you have now, and you should have it contained. It's also easy to frag if it gets big. Years ago, a small frag cost like $75!

They're a lot less malignant than normal pulsing xenia so controlling it shouldn't be a huge problem.

These were typically referred to as blue or purple cespitularia. Little hard to tell which one it is from the picture, but care and temperament of either are the same.

Thank you for answering as well. I looked it up in blue and I think mine looks more pink in color. I hope it does well in my tank. Have a great night!

Archived