Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Another person ripped of by cdnano24

Sully375

Paid $80 for a EB 8 and heard nothing back.

Lots of communication via email Searbreef@yahoo.com and used the name Sean Wilson. Even sent me pictures of a setup but it's been a month and nothing.

I hope someone finds this dirtbag. Actually I have a very good buddy that works at the NSA and is tasked with locating certain people and I am seriously gonna call in a favor. No BS we are very good friends.

Anyone have other contact info for him? Give me a list of emails and user names that I can pass off.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This person seems to have many names under the cdnano24 moniker, and I'd venture to guess that the other recent scams with [name]24 here are all the same person.

Did you pay via paypal? Did you gift the money or no? Can you call your credit card company and issue a chargeback?

I'm going to work it Monday, we are driving back from Disney today so no negativity allowed until I start work again Monday.

pewpewkittah

I contacted a mod 5 days ago to AT LEAST get his main account banned. He still hasn't been banned? Ridiculous...

Also, here is a list of emails and names that people have confirmed to be from this person.

Sean Wilson
searbreef@yahoo.com

Dave Wagoner from Illinois
dnanoreef@yahoo.com

(No name given)
chad24duke@yahoo.com

His profile says hes from Florida.

You know what, the same thing happened to me back in Feb with that same person cdnano. Before the gender was F and now it says M. This was back on Feb 2015 when I was looking for HOB skimmer. His the email was topcorals@yahoo.com. I made a payment of $82.62 and never heard from that person again. I also sent a message to mod and look nothing happened because he did it again to someone else.

Good job mods for preventing this from happening again. When it happened to me and I saw that the name was still active I stopped from signing on as much. I became more active on other forums instead of here

This is why you never send money as a "Gift". A little different situation but PayPal got me my $340 back when BRS got hacked and someone bought a new fishing reel in California on my dime. File a claim with PayPal and you should be able to get it sorted out.

+1 to not sending money as a gift. You're protected if you send money for goods/services.

Only time I'll send money as a gift is if I'm seeing my items in person first.

aviator300

Paypal claims only work if the seller is somewhat honest. If you send funds and never get your merchandise Paypal will most likely rule in your favor but if the seller has already removed the funds from their Paypal account (which they can do as soon as you send it to them), Paypal has no way to collect for you except to notify the seller that they have ruled in your favor..They don't have access to your bank accounts, etc.

Arkayology

Paypal claims only work if the seller is somewhat honest. If you send funds and never get your merchandise Paypal will most likely rule in your favor but if the seller has already removed the funds from their Paypal account (which they can do as soon as you send it to them), Paypal has no way to collect for you except to notify the seller that they have ruled in your favor..They don't have access to your bank accounts, etc.

Paypal can freeze your bank account if they want. They can also remove money from the account.

edit: I guess I'm wrong?

I contacted a mod 5 days ago to AT LEAST get his main account banned. He still hasn't been banned? Ridiculous...

Also, here is a list of emails and names that people have confirmed to be from this person.

Sean Wilson

searbreef@yahoo.com

Dave Wagoner from Illinois

dnanoreef@yahoo.com

(No name given)

chad24duke@yahoo.com

His profile says hes from Florida.

The name he used when he tried to scam me is Chad Duke using the email chad24duke@yahoo.com

Paypal can freeze your bank account if they want. They can also remove money from the account.

lol. Paypal CAN NOT freeze your bank account. They can send you to collections though.

aviator300

The reason i'm aware of their policies is that i won a dispute last year when a seller sent me a different item than we agreed upon and i won a claim with Paypal but they told me flat out that they absolutely cannot touch anyones bank account without their express permission

HarryPotter

I think we should sticky a blacklist of people who are known to ripoff others......

Or not buy from anyone that seems sketchy. Has to have certain posts, people that know him/her in the area, etc.

I think they should have trader feedback built into the profile of each person. Most forums have a similar set up where you have to add in the for sale link, if you were the buyer/seller, etc. Would instill confidence in those that are honest and make it obvious those who are not. Much more efficient than the way the trader feedback is set up currently.

ReeferJohn

The name he used when he tried to scam me is Chad Duke using the email chad24duke@yahoo.com

lol. Paypal CAN NOT freeze your bank account. They can send you to collections though.

He probably meant PayPal account balance, which they can freeze.

Found another. JMCollins24 is another account he uses and still checks in here. His profile says he is from the Sunshine State. LINK

Almost bought from this guy awhile back, glad I didn't.

He probably meant PayPal account balance, which they can freeze.

Ya you are probably right on that. They can freeze that which they have no problem doing. I'm a sell stuff and buy stuff with good intentions obviously. I think I've had to open 2 paypal disputes ever and they were both through eBay. I've had 1 opened against me for the PS3 scammer I posted about on CDNanos first scam page. They froze my money and took it away before I even got the email that the dude opened a dispute.

Christopher Marks

cdnano24 and Topcorals appear to be the same person. Both accounts have been banned.

It's not my intention to victim blame, but it is important to stay vigilant when purchasing from unknown entities. I see a lot of red flags with these interactions I'm hearing about. Do not purchase from users without an established history of interacting with this community outside of the classified forums. Do not send money as a gift through PayPal. Do not respond to unsolicited private message sales offers.

cdnano24 and Topcorals appear to be the same person. Both accounts have been banned.

It's not my intention to victim blame, but it is important to stay vigilant when purchasing from unknown entities. I see a lot of red flags with these interactions I'm hearing about. Do not purchase from users without an established history of interacting with this community outside of the classified forums. Do not send money as a gift through PayPal. Do not respond to unsolicited private message sales offers.

But yet, there are those that request payment be sent as a Gift. I choose not to do so.

Cencalfishguy56

But yet, there are those that request payment be sent as a Gift. I choose not to do so.

I don't believe in making customers pay pp fees or even asking for it to be paid as gift, the fee isn't even a big chunk considering how much the item is worth

Archived