Cultivated Reef

webcams

cromag27

What webcam do you use? I'm looking for a high quality cam that I can hook up to my apex. anyone have a live feed link they want to share?

Got it hooked up. this thing is pretty sleek and it was stupid easy to set up. no white balance settings which kinda stinks and I need to get a gooseneck holder or something to mount it further away from the tank. not sure if I'm going to keep it due to the white balance issue.

I recycled my iphone 4s for this reason. If you have an old lying around, there are plenty of apps to re-purpose them.

• 3 months later...

I recycled my iphone 4s for this reason. If you have an old lying around, there are plenty of apps to re-purpose them.

Which app are you using, or recommend? I need the app to be cross platform too, I have an old 4s, but now on android….

I believe it's call IPCamera - High-End Network by Dominik Seibold

Might try that!!! I have an iPhone 4 with a shattered screen but working camera and display. Would be really cool to have an HD IP camera

dragonxflare

Got it hooked up. this thing is pretty sleek and it was stupid easy to set up. no white balance settings which kinda stinks and I need to get a gooseneck holder or something to mount it further away from the tank. not sure if I'm going to keep it due to the white balance issue.

What do you mean by white balance issues? Did you end up returning it, and if you did, what did you get instead?

I was debating between the Nest cam or the Foscam that was suggested in a earlier post

White balance adjusts the color temperature so everything doesn't look blue. I returned it because of that and never got around to finding a replacement that has a white balance setting.

I actually purchased the Nest Cam today, and even though its 1080p, I couldn't get a nice quality image when I zoom in. Also with the intense shimmer / blue, it made the picture look a bit grainy. I will end up returning the nest cam tomorrow.

Anyone have experience with a good quality camera they can recommend?

I actually purchased the Nest Cam today, and even though its 1080p, I couldn't get a nice quality image when I zoom in. Also with the intense shimmer / blue, it made the picture look a bit grainy. I will end up returning the nest cam tomorrow.

Anyone have experience with a good quality camera they can recommend?

So I'm pretty sure most of these cams aren't going to be awesome for quality. I'm all for testing them out but I'm not sure if that's really what they're designed for.

It seems that if you want great streaming image quality you'll have to find something a bit more specialized - though I will note that a search revealed that the georgia aquarium uses a nest cam... https://www.georgiaaquarium.org/experience/explore/connect/webcams/ocean-voyager-webcam

Some cool options I see

http://www.oceanpresence.com/?q=Media

http://www.zetlight.com/index.php/products.html?id=92

I really am interested in what that Blink cam can do...

Archived