Top Shelf Aquatics

Bored with Aqua Scape here we go again

Matteo

Here is what I currently Have. I like it but as I want to fill with more coral I think its a lot of rock... maybe not.

I love the two island look and swim space but idk what you guys think?

post-74975-0-65910100-1432163244_thumb.jpg

post-74975-0-84634700-1432163245_thumb.jpg

post-74975-0-56321100-1432163246_thumb.jpg

post-74975-0-65643400-1432163247_thumb.jpg

fishfreak0114

Two words...love it. Imo it's not too much rock. Can't wait to see when it is filled out with corals.?

HarryPotter

I spent the last two days making the aquascape, and moved all the coral to the tank this afternoon. What do you think?

Theres a lot of "Disco Balling" with the Radion, but once I get the wide angle lenses that should be fixed :)

IMG_0579_zpsmivvyini.jpg

The Aquarist

Matteo, I see a purple nudibranch in your tank. This is not a good reef canidate. Only eats specific sponges, and will starve to death in a closed system.

lfs said algae. I just read up more and you're right.:( he was only 15 bucks. I will take him back tomorrow and let them know that the gave me the incorrect info. Right now I have one of my clowns in small container at the top of the tank with my bta trying to have him discover it. So far nothing. I cant catch my other clown at the moment either

So I changed the scape. Mulitple reasons. 1. I wanted to catch my two false percs and sell them back to LFS for a beautiful maroon gold stripe clown, 2. Made the scape more open making the tank seem bigger and more swim room, 3. my GBTA has found a spot out in the open it likes and the Maroon fell in love at first sight. 4 when corals get stock and fill out it will look really cool how I have it set up. Pics will be posted tomorrow cause lights are off and debri is stirred up. Also took back that nudibranch. Also finally had time to get my countertop RO/DI filter setup for some good ole clean and sorta free water! things are well friends

HarryPotter

Also I did a thing...

Congratulations on doing a thing! Thats much better than doing no thing!

:lol:

Nice setup :)

Congratulations on doing a thing! Thats much better than doing no thing!

:lol:

Nice setup :)

do you think adding a pair of cardinals would be too much for my tank? I have some kick ass filtration going on

HarryPotter

do you think adding a pair of cardinals would be too much for my tank? I have some kick ass filtration going on

Hmm I don't think they would be too much, but then you would be maxed out probably.

Personally I avoid cardinals since I think they're ugly. However if you want them, I don't think they'll be an issue :)

(I would add a Blenny, Goby, and/or firefish)

Hmm I don't think they would be too much, but then you would be maxed out probably.

Personally I avoid cardinals since I think they're ugly. However if you want them, I don't think they'll be an issue :)

(I would add a Blenny, Goby, and/or firefish)

So I agree with you on pajama cardinals but I do like the kauderns. I want some mid level fish that are always out in the open. I was thinkning a pair of fire wish as well but I don't have a lid. I know fire fish jumping is a hit and miss thing

So I agree with you on pajama cardinals but I do like the kauderns. I want some mid level fish that are always out in the open. I was thinkning a pair of fire wish as well but I don't have a lid. I know fire fish jumping is a hit and miss thing

I was thinking of a dragonet and just buy a bag of like 500 pods, or maybe a six line wrasse? or just a rust angel?

Archived