inTank Media Baskets

Added 3 animals in 1 days into my 6 gallon Fluval Edge. Water chemistry?

iammrhappy123

HarryPotter

Im asking if I can do water changes daily to keep them alive and ammon zero until I find a better living situation for them. A living situation that needs to be cycles etc.

Yes, I think that's a great idea. Don't feel bad, we all were beginners once, and made MUCH worse mistakes than over stocking :-)

Keep an eye on the parameters while doing water changes as necessary, and keep your eyes out for an upgrade omgomgomg

iammrhappy123

Yes, I think that's a great idea. Don't feel bad, we all were beginners once, and made MUCH worse mistakes than over stocking :-)

Keep an eye on the parameters while doing water changes as necessary, and keep your eyes out for an upgrade omgomgomg

Thanks heaps for the positive criticism.

So you suggest me test the water everyday and if there is slight ammonia, I should do 10% water changes? Water changes take me 2 minutes to do. So it's no burden.

Ill do this until I find a better solution. I'm already looking at a 20 gallon long rimless by Mr. Aqua. I've been eyeing that for a long time, but The funds have been holding me back.

HarryPotter

Thanks heaps for the positive criticism.

So you suggest me test the water everyday and if there is slight ammonia, I should do 10% water changes? Water changes take me 2 minutes to do. So it's no burden.

Ill do this until I find a better solution. I'm already looking at a 20 gallon long rimless by Mr. Aqua. I've been eyeing that for a long time, but The funds have been holding me back.

Yes, that plan sounds great for now! I'm impressed- tank looks good and you're prepared to test daily :)

We have a future TOTM owner here! (Tank of the Month)

The Mr. Aqua rimless are pretty pricy given you need to get them drilled for a simp- I would reccomend buying a NanoCube (14g or 28g)

You may find them used on Craigslist for a GREAT price too!

smeagol108

That's definitely only like ten pounds of rock. I have an edge as well. Your clowns are small and as long as your cycle doesn't have any large spikes they should be fine. Plenty of people keep clowns in small tanks and I'm sure there plenty of them on here with two in a ten gallon. I wouldn't myself keep two clowns in a six, but they will be fine for a whole. Your new to this, enjoy the excitement, but know if you want to keep them long term you should upgrade.

iammrhappy123

make sure to get a good light for your future tank as well

Do you think this guys tank died quickly?

It seems like he had his tank up for a while maybe almost 2 years.

I'm not doing reef. Just livestock. I'm not adding anymore livestock until I get a bigger tank.

Mr. Aqua Rimless long. hopefully soon!

post-87943-0-49599700-1432094244_thumb.jpg

Cencalfishguy56

When I read 30 lbs I was like no F*in way haha but I think that tank belongs to a member here? Anyways, you will still need a powerful light if you don't do a reef because that anemone will need a nice strong light

HarryPotter

Do you think this guys tank died quickly?

It seems like he had his tank up for a while maybe almost 2 years.

I'm not doing reef. Just livestock. I'm not adding anymore livestock until I get a bigger tank.

Mr. Aqua Rimless long. hopefully soon!

Just saying that the anemone IS reef. They need bright lighting, that the stock light most likely will not provide.

You can get a nice nano light for about $99, which may be too much

Don't forget about the linkia. It will likely die as well and probably quicker than the nem, and create just as many problems (not to mention a chain reaction that will likely cause the nem to follow quickly after).

As others have mentioned - research and ask questions first. Always do this before purchasing.

Archived