Cultivated Reef

BTA v. 20 Long

righttirefire

righttirefire

RIP BTA :unsure:

Did you do the march to the toilet.....was the demon playing taps.....

The demon is at his dad's tonight. The BTA is in "Quarantine" in a 5 gallon bucket. But im not hopeful. Made it about 9 months with me. Too bad it was beautiful. The foot is still pink/red and was holding on a little. So maybe itll comeback. But I'm not risking my tank anymore on that possibility... I should have pulled it at least a week ago.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply
righttirefire

This one went into the mp10 3 time and once over the overflow wall and stuck against the drain cover. So... we'll see. But usually after a few weeks they start looking better l. This one has continued to look worse. I don't know if the RBTA was stinging it. But I hasn't been looking good.

Incredible. Very interesting thread, I'd sure be conflicted on if I wanted it to live or not at this point.

I added a RBTA 72 hours ago, MP10 foams won't be delivered for 48 more hours. It has only moved 3" since I've added it and the MP10 is 36" away, but that means nothing. I'm terrified every time I run downstairs to look at my tank.

Incredible. Very interesting thread, I'd sure be conflicted on if I wanted it to live or not at this point.

I added a RBTA 72 hours ago, MP10 foams won't be delivered for 48 more hours. It has only moved 3" since I've added it and the MP10 is 36" away, but that means nothing. I'm terrified every time I run downstairs to look at my tank.

Be afraid. Be very afraid.

righttirefire

Be afraid. Be very afraid.

Mine didn't move originally for the first 3 days if I remember right... then into the mp10. My RBTA has been a model citizen. Moved within the same 2" radius only.

As for the GBTA, I'm not sure it's still alive. I topped off the bucket with ro/di last night. It's not melting, yet, but it's definately unrecognizable as a creature

righttirefire

20160208_192429_zpshkopstfc.jpg

This was the other night when I transfered it. The foot still seems solid. No tearing. And sticky.

20160208_192435_zpshkycd4tm.jpg

But there is no sign of recovery in my opinion. I'm not sure why this time it didn't recover this time.

20150815_124716_zps4wxzbsih.jpg

It was such a beautiful beast

righttirefire

The GBTA is gone. I pulled it today. I could smell the water. And sucked it up in the turkey basker. So it's officially no longer. But I believe it was gone before this. So the Adventures of my GBTA are no longer.

9 months with me...

Simulated Fish

The GBTA is gone. I pulled it today. I could smell the water. And sucked it up in the turkey basker. So it's officially no longer. But I believe it was gone before this. So the Adventures of my GBTA are no longer.9 months with me...

Sad to hear but damn you got one hell of a reefing story to share.

Archived