inTank Media Baskets

BTA v. 20 Long

righttirefire

righttirefire

I don't think it likes the light... that was 4 hours after light out. It did move yesterday from under the rock to over the rock. More light, but it was dead center of my tank. 4" from the top of the water... can't get higher light than that in my tank. I left the MP10 off over night and it Marched back under the rock where it'd been for week before it's walk about yesterday. But I'll be out of town for the next 36 hours... so maybe return pump only

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply
righttirefire

So the start 24 hours without intervention just started. I did about 4 gallon water change. Single rock peroxide dip and the MP10 is turned down to minimum with the "longest" short pulse. Let's hope this little BTA doesn't decide to go for another walk... trying to figure something out for vacation. It'll be 7 days without any possible intervention

HarryPotter

So the start 24 hours without intervention just started. I did about 4 gallon water change. Single rock peroxide dip and the MP10 is turned down to minimum with the "longest" short pulse. Let's hope this little BTA doesn't decide to go for another walk... trying to figure something out for vacation. It'll be 7 days without any possible intervention

Tough..... Can you have a local store "hold" the nem?

Or use one of those hang-in baskets like before?

righttirefire

I'm already gone... for today. And the week vacation I don't want to do a double tranfer... but it might be a do able thing... put it in the sump if I have to. Lol

• 2 months later...
righttirefire

20150819_173158_zpsc0pttojq.jpg

This shit is getting old. The BTA has been looking beautiful... and about 2 weeks ago got restless. This morning it was crawling onto the powerhead. So I shut off the powerhead. It's been off all day and that silly little guy has its foot buried in the wet side. I assume it'll move tonight. It most moves at night and into the early hours of the morning

20150819_173158_zpsc0pttojq.jpg

This shit is getting old. The BTA has been looking beautiful... and about 2 weeks ago got restless. This morning it was crawling onto the powerhead. So I shut off the powerhead. It's been off all day and that silly little guy has its foot buried in the wet side. I assume it'll move tonight. It most moves at night and into the early hours of the morning

LOL. What. I hope you unplug it!

My guy stuck his foot into the wet side as well, but came out with some prodding

righttirefire

My diamond goby likes to detach polyps. Usually they end up dead in the goby's cave. This one was lucky enough to make it to the foam. I think the BTA is splitting. It's been restless and has been looking like it's trying split. Yeah Harry I caught the incident in time. No damage.

righttirefire

Well... it moved off the powerhead over night... couldn't find it this morning... overflow box. Wrapped maybe 3/4 of the way around the full siphon drain... removed the drain cover. Placed in tank. About 1 hour later it walked off the drain and to my knowledge is running around the tank again.

Might be ripping down my tank this weekend and building a new anenome-proof overflow. This thing must be immortal and part octopus

righttirefire

Mark. After the time I rescued the little demon it took up residence under a rock. No direct light for... maybe 6 weeks. I moved the rock it was on to the top of the tank to encourage it to move. I wanted to manually remove algae from the rock. 2 weeks it didn't move. That it walked around the rock for a couple days. And assumed the position again. For the last 4+ weeks. Except for when I bump the rock while cleaning. Now the last week it's been restless. It only moves at night. And has moved to darker lighting. Lower and to the extremities. Time will tell

• 4 weeks later...

Sunday the little guy went for a walk again, during lights up, WEIRD! Toward the mp10 and overflow again. Avoided all my sps frags and settled on the lower left rock. A backdoor escape hole for my diamond goby. I decided to superglue some plastic mesh to my overflow so it couldn't escape back down there.

The next day again after lights up walked back across the tank. Again avoiding my sps frags. And back to the top rock it lived on for months... but a new resident moved into the vacant spot... now they cuddle... day 2, we see how long the honeymoon lasts.

20150914_173306_zpslix8hguq.jpg

The nomad is at it again. It's been running around. No big deal, but I defiantly make it a point to locate the little monster especially first thing in the morning and before bed... it had crawled onto of the MP10, again. A little contorted but otherwise. Fine. Turned off the powerhead and within 5 Minutes it was on the run again. Moving back onto the glass. FOAM COVER for the MP10... just use them. Short pulse mode, just use it!

The nomad is at it again. It's been running around. No big deal, but I defiantly make it a point to locate the little monster especially first thing in the morning and before bed... it had crawled onto of the MP10, again. A little contorted but otherwise. Fine. Turned off the powerhead and within 5 Minutes it was on the run again. Moving back onto the glass. FOAM COVER for the MP10... just use them. Short pulse mode, just use it!

What kind of light are you using? MY BTA's will start walking if I reduce the intensity of my LED's to less than 40%(both on my minitide or A160we).

What kind of light are you using? MY BTA's will start walking if I reduce the intensity of my LED's to less than 40%(both on my minitide or A160we).

^ This!

Your anemone sounds crazy!

I have had several and never had them walk but they were all regulate RBTA. FWIW, I would make a special rock and chip out some crevices for its foot, placed in high light, moderate flow and then feed it the first few days. Maybe yours enjoyed the ride from the ocean to your tank and now has wanderlust!

It'll settle, For weeks and walk for a week... it settles in lower light and stretches to higher light. Than walks to higher light. Than walks to low / shadow. So nanobox quad will be here this weekend.

It's just an emotional teenager. Runs around until it gets hurt and than hides in a dark corner nursing it's wounds and the cycle continues.

The RBTA moved into its place and it will cuddle back up to it for 2 days and move again. Silly creatures

It'll settle, For weeks and walk for a week... it settles in lower light and stretches to higher light. Than walks to higher light. Than walks to low / shadow. So nanobox quad will be here this weekend.

where in central oregon are you?? also love this thread, that nem is a total troll!

Kick ass news on the Quad...

Also this thread is great - thanks for updating It so often. I will probably refer to this more than a few times because I think it's good that people realize that these guys can and often do move - often times to a place you don't necessarily want. You're fortunate that you haven't experienced much stinging of other corals.

Good luck with your little crawler - soon it will be walking haha!

I'm in keizer, oregon. Work in Hillsboro oregon.

I don't know why it hasn't made a run for corals. I rescaped last weekend too. Getting the sps closer to the light. I typically don't post about it moves, unless it's in the "danger zone"

20150918_152721_zpseq0f5p7f.jpg

This is the new scape. You can see even the RBTA hangs out on the edge of the light. It's a fluval marine / reef led 24" light, but the legs stretch to 34" so the 3" to either dude of the light is pretty low

I'm in keizer, oregon. Work in Hillsboro oregon.

I don't know why it hasn't made a run for corals. I rescaped last weekend too. Getting the sps closer to the light. I typically don't post about it moves, unless it's in the "danger zone"

20150918_152721_zpseq0f5p7f.jpg

This is the new scape. You can see even the RBTA hangs out on the edge of the light. It's a fluval marine / reef led 24" light, but the legs stretch to 34" so the 3" to either dude of the light is pretty low

I used to drill in hillsboro, I am down south now in Ashland. Forum won't let me change for some reason :P

Archived