inTank Media Baskets

Here we go again...

teajay33

6 or so years ago, I left the reef world and vowed to never return. My wallet was happy. But my soul was empty. So here I am again, like a crack head who's been off the rock too long.

Luckily I had everything minus live rock and sand to get started again..

12g NanoCube

1 Powerhead.

2 LED strips.. Have no idea what one is, but the other is a Panorama. upgraded to Kessil 160WE

6-8 lbs of dry rock

3 lbs of live rock

10-15 lbs of live sand

July 18th, 2015

image.jpg2_11.jpg

June 21, 2015

image.jpg5.jpg

Day 1 (May 18, 2015)

image.jpg1_20.jpg

Welcome back to the hobby. What caused you to leave years ago, and what are you hoping to improve/do differently in anything on this go around?

Welcome back to the hobby. What caused you to leave years ago, and what are you hoping to improve/do differently in anything on this go around?

My 75g crashed. Lost more corals than I want to think about. I guesstimate around 7-10k. Lost my 2 clowns I raised from fry. Just gave it up.

It's kinda unclear what caused it, but best guesses were that when I changed my metal halides out (bulbs) that I bleached some corals and they did some chemical warfare destroying the whole place. Luckily now we have LEDs so the light changes won't be near as frequent and from my understanding no where close to as drastic.

Let us know how you like the LED coming from experience with MH. The forum is loaded with fanboy reviews. Always good to see real photo results.

Good luck with the new set up.

I left the reef world and vowed to never return. My wallet was happy. But my soul was empty.

:D LOL I love that statement. Pretty much sums up my year away from the hobby.

Your tank is looking good. RDE's were also my very 1st corals when I got back into the hobby.

HarryPotter

Nice! I really like the scape and those sweet neon Zoas!

I had my nanocube for 2 years until I just upgraded to a JBJ RL-45- the nanocube is a great tank!

Only advice is to just buy a freakingg top off. The nanocube has insane evaporation, especially with a cooling fan. Invest the $100 and never top off again!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

The newest update.

image.jpg2_11.jpg

Also, when the lights came on yesterday I found these 3 fools fighting over a new shell.

image.jpg1_30.jpg

Archived