Top Shelf Aquatics

Flaming Prawn Goby

AWillroth

Alright, so I've had my 2.5 gallon fuval spec pico running for about 18 months now, and last week I was going to add a fish. I ordered a green clown goby at work and it showed up DOA, so I was pretty bummed. That feeling turned to excitement, however, when the next week our stock list had Flaming Prawn Gobies on it. Being one of my top holy grail fish, I order one. This is my experience with him so far:

His Home, a 2.5 fluval spec:

fxDo2qk.jpg

gEVK5TK.jpg

mgHoJNT.jpg

pQZoUYo.jpg

AVUa453.jpg

JBTKM2a.jpg

jXMWIeV.jpg

Drip Acclimating:

M0VY9XL.jpg

One of my first few sightings:

AuPv6nX.jpg

some video:

He's been eating pods in the tank for sure but today I started feeding baby brine:

Overall it seems to be doing well. I love the little guy.

LebaneseDlight

Cute! I bought one once and put in my 34 gallon Solana and I never saw it again. Ever. A Pico is a great application for a flaming prawn.

Whatchoo gone do about all that bubble algae though? Stressing me out watching your pics.

lol, theres not much there. i pull it out every once in a while. I've never been one to trip over algae. as long as its not overtaking anything.

Whelp, come home from work today and it's dead. No idea. Maybe didn't deshell the brine shrimp well enough? What a bummer. I know I only had it a week but the outlook for it seemed good.....

Pinner Reef

NOOO! That sucks!!! Those are such kewl little fishes! Sorry about that dude. We had ours eating any frozen foods we threw into the tank. i'd be surprised if the shrimp did him in. Either way that is a hard loss man.

Yeah. First fish I've tried in that pico. It could be any level that swung and got him. Everything seemed stable, though. I will definitely try again if I get the chance, but yes, much harder loss than most.

smeagol108

sorry tohear your loss. i have one of these guys and i love him. see him patrolling about once a day but once he sees me hes back to his caves. I have never seen mine eat and had it for months. must be surviving on all the pods in my tank as he is nice and fat. hope you can find another one!

Dang man, that's awful.

I have 3 in my 12 Gallon Long, I see them at least once a day but I have to really look for them. Actually this morning before the lights came on I actually saw all 3 out hunting. Lovely fish to keep when you can see them.

Cencalfishguy56

These are awesome little fish online they cost an arm and a leg though! But at my LFS he sells them for $25

Archived