Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Mystery Tye Dye Mushroom

RisingSons87

smeagol108

Agree with OP, pics would have been nice but not necessary if he is willing to provide through other means. Only using a smart phone is a pita, even more so in having a pic small enough to upload. Give this guy the benefit of the doubt.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

how did I go about it wrong? I'm a busy guy and I don't have home cpu. I have to do everything through my smart phone and am not the best with tech anyway. still doesn't change the fact that you and half a dozen other people came onto my post unjustly and started accusing, slandering, and ridiculing me of trying to pull off a scam all because I don't have many posts and didn't post a picture, sheeesh

mods you can close this down now, senseless to keep it up. while it still is, I may still have a couple more shrooms hiding in my tank. serious inquiries can pm me

Ok I am not trying to troll and I am not just trying to be a dick. Your first mistake was making the minimum amount of post and then posting high priced coral in your first for sale thread. You could have warmed up to us with some chit chat, used equipment, some cheaper frags something other than high priced super rare coral. I am always willing to buy nice shrooms and will pay for them. I made no bad comments about your price. With that being said I am just very suspect of someone who has only just made the min contribution to a forum.....and blamo "I have $500 shrooms for sale". You have no reputation on this forum, no feedback. If your going to claim you have made other sales on other forums the least you could do is give us your screen name and or ad a link to that forum with your current threads and feedback. I am willing to turn over my very hard earned $500 to someone that has been on the forums awhile and has good feedback. You my friend dont have either. I, like most in this hobby are not rich. $400-$500 is a great deal of money especially when you are sending it to someone completely unknown. Someone selling what you claim to be selling is not a noob to the hobby and I am surprised you thought this would go well. Your second and worst mistake was no pics. Your third mistake was your profile you did not list your location.

All of this is very similar to the post on other forums that have turned out to be a scam. I bought a jawbreaker on another forum very similar to your post .He only wanted to communicate through email/text. The pics he sent me were not of the shroom I got. It was about 1/4 inch diameter and just looks like a orange/red booger. Today It is a tad bigger than a nickel and I still cant confirm what species it is. It really just looks like a red common shroom. I paid $250 for it and feel like I was had. It may be a jawbreaker but the size of what I got was not worth what I paid for it. The pics were not even his. I have a flip phone and it was not easy for me to do a google search of the image he sent me. I pulled the image he sent me off my sd card and it was from another website. His profile is gone just like my $250. He spoke strange I suspect he was in Vietnam or China representing a shop in the states.

So sheeesh excuse me for asking for a pic publicly. For you to call a computer a cpu is kinda weird. I also find it strange that a guy who can collect $400 shrooms sells on R2R and you dont have a PC???? Plus is is way easier to post pics on the forums off your smart phone than it is on your pc or mac...sorry i meant to say cpu. The guy that got me also told me he did not have cpu.

If it was someone on this forum that bought the shrooms please post pics when you get it. If this guy is legit I will be the first to apologize to him.

lilmatty5dimes

Here's what got me. 2 mins time you could have a pic:

upload pic to your album

copy the code

paste into thread. example below thats a tck gum drop shroom.

072511B7-D7DD-4134-9962-64A3B793966D_zps

next was if your a seller on r2r after searching the for sale thread for "tye dye mushroom" http://www.reef2reef.com/search/9557/?q=tye+dye+mushroom&o=date&c[node]=9 only 4 came up. last one being march 14th. why wouldn't you have posted anything on there if your a seller on r2r???

Agree with OP, pics would have been nice but not necessary if he is willing to provide through other means. Only using a smart phone is a pita, even more so in having a pic small enough to upload. Give this guy the benefit of the doubt.

that's the problem today. you give someone "the benefit of the doubt" and(not everyone) is going to take full advantages of ya. its a sad thing to realize how bad people are scums.

What got me was the size of the tye dye. At eraser size (probably smaller), it is difficult to be sure it is a tye dye until it grows out. By then, it is too late to complain if it isn't. Quarter dollar size were being sold on r2r for $200, which is fair, and you can be sure what it is when you get it. There is a lot of talk about Mystery Tye Dyes being the same thing as Jawbreakers, which sell on r2r for $60.

There is a lot of talk about Mystery Tye Dyes being the same thing as Jawbreakers, which sell on r2r for $60.

show me a JB shroom on R2R for $60 please......

i just sold one for $50....hell i have one the size of a quarter with no color im selling for $100. jawbreakers are dropping in price as the market gets saturated and the mushroom craze comes to an end.

i just sold one for $50....hell i have one the size of a quarter with no color im selling for $100. jawbreakers are dropping in price as the market gets saturated and the mushroom craze comes to an end.

I just got 2 JB for $40. They are babies got them from a local reefer. Stay off R2R and you can find some deals.I will never buy off R2R again as I have been ripped off twice. R2R is the devil and is the reason dumb asses are paying $2000 for a mushroom. Guys like cornbread, tyree, jason fox have forgotten what this hobby is about and have taken it to a level of greed that is just obscene. Yes they collect some nice stuff and are able to propagate it but for the most part it is common coral over saturated and photoshopped. This guy is just trying to make a buck on what the above mentioned douche bags started. I picked up a giant colony of fire and ice zoas and a superman mushroom today for $11 yes $11. It should have been $22 but I brought a bag of Kenya Tree and GSP for $11 store credit. There are some good LFS out there and some good online sellers. Just beware of post like this.

What got me was the size of the tye dye. At eraser size (probably smaller), it is difficult to be sure it is a tye dye until it grows out. By then, it is too late to complain if it isn't. Quarter dollar size were being sold on r2r for $200, which is fair, and you can be sure what it is when you get it. There is a lot of talk about Mystery Tye Dyes being the same thing as Jawbreakers, which sell on r2r for $60.

MYSTERY TYE DYES ARE FCKING JAWBREAKERS! Everybody complaining about the damn seller being lazy but they can't do a minute of research!

Holy ####!

Here's what got me. 2 mins time you could have a pic:

upload pic to your album

copy the code

paste into thread. example below thats a tck gum drop shroom.

http://i1122.photobucket.com/albums/l526/lilmatty5dimes/Cad%20Light%2012g/072511B7-D7DD-4134-9962-64A3B793966D_zpsqdey38ev.jpg

next was if your a seller on r2r after searching the for sale thread for "tye dye mushroom" http://www.reef2reef.com/search/9557/?q=tye+dye+mushroom&o=date&c[node]=9 only 4 came up. last one being march 14th. why wouldn't you have posted anything on there if your a seller on r2r???

that's the problem today. you give someone "the benefit of the doubt" and(not everyone) is going to take full advantages of ya. its a sad thing to realize how bad people are scums.

ASD has a Shroom similar to the one in the center of this pic labeled as an evil superman. List price $75 Live sale price $20. Looks awesome though

So the op first trashes the mods, then asks them for help in closing this thread? uh ok. and if this forum is so dead, why would you post it here instead or r2r, as already pointed out?

My bc29 stays at a constant temprature range of 82-85.5 everyday, never gets lower or higher. My polyps are all doing awesome. My rbtas dont seem to mind it much

So your tiedyes like 85 degree water???????

To date...unknown user, poor attitude, no pics, claim of sales, no response.

Doesn't look good, does it? Especially with a few known scammers lurking.

the shroom is sold, what's more to talk about. you guys have a nice day, glad to see NR's forum mods are dissolving unnecessary negative feedback

can whoever bought this shroom please confirm the OP was legit? that would settle all of this debate

As I said...no verifiable data does not mean he is a scammer despite the impression he gives.

But I am wondering who here has the stones to risk $500 sight unseen with little supporting evidence. As Aesop said...who bells the cat?

He is gone. I PMd him for pics never got them. I am pretty sure he is the same douche that got me for $250 in lthe last couple years. The whole I dont have a CPU sent up all kinds of red flags. I got what he said was a nice Jawbreaker but it was booger sized. My fight with Paypal was a loss as i sent it as to friend/or family as he requested. I could be wrong but this has the same MO of what I fell for.

I use my paypal for so much. It will take me a bit to find the transaction. I have forgotten about this. I told my wife about it and she is the one that said "this sounds like the time you got ripped off" I will post the paypal account that got me when I find it. But I am pretty sure it is closed as I gave up on this a while ago.

RisingSons87

are you guys still talking about this? why so sour?? shroom is sold, end of story, now someone's pretty sure I was the one who screwed him on 250 over the years?? lmfao!! wow, such a good laugh. bitter people, I pity you. don't worry, you are forgiven, happy reefing :))

SeventyTimes7

are you guys still talking about this? why so sour?? shroom is sold, end of story, now someone's pretty sure I was the one who screwed him on 250 over the years?? lmfao!! wow, such a good laugh. bitter people, I pity you. don't worry, you are forgiven, happy reefing :))

Most of us just want to see the coral.

Why not just post it? Lol

Go back to ripping people off on R2R you Chode :happydance: Yep I have been drinking and could care less what you think about me. I still think you are the ass that got me on R2R. Please prove me wrong.

I'm going to assume you are the person who screwed him over.

RisingSons87

hey I'm not the one losing sleep. bet half of you in here constantly check back for additional drama on this thread. just goes to to show how poor of the quality of moderators nano reef has. ####ing bums

got idiots writing paragraphs and novels up in here lmfao. what a crock of shitttt

Pinner Reef

Literally would accept any pic that YOU took, of any coral, in any ####ing aquarium. This is Nano-reef members looking out for one another. I doubt R2R has such loyalty. Perhaps you could show us a link to a similar instance where the greater whole of your lil R2R stood up and discredited an obvious fraud.

Archived