ReefCleaners.org

IM Nuvo Fusion 40 Stocking - Critique Please

charnelhouse

charnelhouse

Display dimensions are 23x14.75x18 (water level/volume) which is ~26.5 gallons if I'm doing it right. Overall water volume of the tank is ~34 gallons. I will be running a Tunze 9004 skimmer in the right overflow chamber and floss/poly-filter/purigen/xxxx in an InTank media basket in the left, ~30+ LBS of rock and 40 LBS live sand is my plan.

I'm moving a Citron Goby from our soon-to-be-QT Nanocube 6. He will be first in the new tank.

What we're thinking (my 7 year old daughter being the other half of "we're"):

Citron Goby

(2) Chalk Bass

Tanaka's Wrasse (maybe)

(3) Barnacle Blennies

Pair Ocellaris Clowns

Tank will be more of a FOWLR than reef, I have some softies that are moving over from the NC 6 (see sig). I am hoping that because most of these selections stay pretty small I'm not overstocking, but I'm looking for other opinions.

Also looking for thoughts on order of introduction.

Thanks all.

DodgerDave

I think with the choices of fishes you've selected, you should be fine.

I think the order you should put them in is my smallest/timid first:

Tanaka pygmy wrasse

Citron Goby

Barnacle blennies

Chalk Bass

Clowns

charnelhouse

Thanks Dave, maybe I'll keep the small tank running a little longer than I was planning and wait to move the Citron over until I can get a Tanaka's. I really like them Tanaka's Wrasse.

Nobody wants to tell me I'm am idiot even?

Your an Idiot...jkjk

I would put timid in first and make sure you give at least a week time in adding each fish Because you do not want to overload the biological bacteria in your take.

charnelhouse

Your an Idiot...jkjk

I would put timid in first and make sure you give at least a week time in adding each fish Because you do not want to overload the biological bacteria in your take.

Haha, I asked for it, right?

I'll probably be waiting longer than a week per addition. I'm thinking more like 2-4 weeks.

Oh yeah, Dave - Go Blue!

Archived