Top Shelf Aquatics

Which Dosing pump to buy?

ManGups

I am at that point of time with my tank where i need to start with automated dosing. My alk consumption is around 5 ml a day ( CA seems to be stable)

I am manually dosing once a day but would rather dose it 5 time at 1ml spread over the day.

a) I have use a DA Reefkeeper lite so I could use one of the BRS's 2 part doser pump ( get 1 now and 1 later as the need grows for Ca etc)

OR

2) Buy a Eshopps IV dosing pump (has 2 channel)

OR

3) Buy a Jebao Programmable Auto Dosing Pump DP-4 ( 4 channel)

I really think the Jabeo is best value for money - what do you guys suggest? anyone has any experience with the Jabeo?

I'm also dosing 5ml a day manually haha.

Gonna get a doser soon after I move my tank and am also considering the jebao.

Seems like the best value since it doesn't cost much more than a single BRS doser. Haven't come across very bad reviews either.

My Jebao came and I set it up for three of the channels. Only the second one actually maintained suction, for some reason, up until about a month or so in. I'd hit manual dosing and it'd take quite a few seconds to start actually dispensing liquid, so I knew it wasn't adding anything at all (I set up dosing in 1-2mL increments since I'm only at 10mL/day). Now all three of them work normally. I should probably check on the fourth one...

The most common thing I noticed about the cheaper dosers is that you need to program each dose for each time of the day. Unlike the known branded dosers where you can give the overall volume of the day and the frequency and each dose is calculated.

This is not a major issue since you will probably program once and then re adjust once a month. The bigger problem is consistency, dependency and durability over time.

I am also not keen on spending 200+ on a doser but skepticism also prevent me from buying a cheap one which has a decently +ve review.

I looked around the Marine Magic and ran across the thread at reefcentral spread across 3~4 yr and it seems be generally +ve.

check here: http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1938900

The most common thing I noticed about the cheaper dosers is that you need to program each dose for each time of the day. Unlike the known branded dosers where you can give the overall volume of the day and the frequency and each dose is calculated.

Not necessarily...I've owned one of the Marine Color 3 head dosers for 2 years. It does this at $99 off Ebay. Never had to replace any of the heads and everytime I've calibrated it was dead on. Only thing it won't do is intervals (every other day, every third day..etc.)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/161652599740?lpid=82&chn=ps

Archived