ReefCleaners.org

Harry's "Hyper" JBJ RL-45: TAKEN DOWN

HarryPotter

Lauraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Cleaning all the pumps! Never did it before. The MJ1200s were in the Nanocube 1.5 years ago, and I always run with high calcium so there was a lot of calcium precipitate.

How long should they run in 100% vinigar?414F1B80-F280-4508-8867-FF5675BBED6B_zps

I would recommend hydor magi-clean as its less harsh on the pump but if just using vinegar I can't help you.
  • Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ask. They are an extremely nutritious food. Brine, not so much.

Second option is live blood worms, but black worms are really what you want.

Will the mandarin eat them too?

Mandarin might be eating frozen... No idea. Tonight I'll shut off all pumps and feed just frozen so I can see if it is eating.

I scraped all of the coralline off the back wall, I hope that slows down the exponential amount of 2 part I've been dosing. The 1g container I thought would last a year a month or two ago has only about 1/4 left!

I blame montipora caps haha

Mandarins will eat anything put into the tank, it just takes time to get to that point.

Hopefully pellets! But frozen would be good enough :)

Should be a mild vinegar - like 50/50 and soak for an hour.

Also for the brine shrimp, if you can put in an air pump they will last longer for you.

Tada! Might have too much flow with that air pump but I don't have valves so it'll have to do. It's like a hurricane in there!

D47C1147-CECF-40EE-9AA9-66BA910920E9_zps

Your tank is looking great Harry! Lots of pretty new corals, I'm jealous!! ;) Don't be afraid to send a little of those colors my way! :lol:

I know this is from a couple weeks ago but I found it rather amusing and wanted to comment. The best kind of wound to "fix" in the operating room is a clean wound, so in that case a sharper/smooth blade would give you the cleanest cut. Make sure you always thank the person handing you a blade so they know you acknowledge it and have control of it. Boyscouts FTW

Yes... I think the finger has to be amputated. Should I use a serrated blade?

Your tank is looking great Harry! Lots of pretty new corals, I'm jealous!! ;) Don't be afraid to send a little of those colors my way! :lol:

I know this is from a couple weeks ago but I found it rather amusing and wanted to comment. The best kind of wound to "fix" in the operating room is a clean wound, so in that case a sharper/smooth blade would give you the cleanest cut. Make sure you always thank the person handing you a blade so they know you acknowledge it and have control of it. Boyscouts FTW

Montipora for everyone! Haha

Yeah clean cuts like razors heal quickly- I was joking about using a serrated blade lol

It's already completely closed, with just a slight raised area around the cut.

Is he coming in the mail to me? :wub:

Overnight to Miss. Kat!

Odd thing happened tonight.... the small green BTA just disintegrated. It has never done well- I had it before the rainbow BTA and it disappeared for two months, then reappeared all white and with an open mouth for a long time.

I tried to feed it using a baster, and WHOOSH the tips and flesh fell apart and went right into the Vortech! :o

I realized it was a goner and siphoned it out since just the foot was still stuck to the rock. I then proceeded to take out 5g of water and anemone bits in an "Unplanned" water change.

Running carbon for the anemone smudge, I have 10g (25%) additional water available if more changes are required.

All I know is anemones are a PITA and I will not be having any in my tank because of the fear of them polluting the water and then eating my fish.

Sorry harry. They are a definate love hate relationship. I love mine when they behave...

For sure! This guy was always terrible lol... But my other anemones are perfect :)

All I know is anemones are a PITA and I will not be having any in my tank because of the fear of them polluting the water and then eating my fish.

Overall I disagree. My anemones have been perfect (I have 5) except that small green one. They're very easy.... And do not eat fish lol

use a net to catch anything you see

Yep did that. Everything looks fine this morning, I'll change out floss again to make sure there's nothing left :)

I would say they don't eat fish except my carpet has eaten 2 of my fish. BTAS are a little easier but the one my dad has was beautiful this morning and now it's shriveled up.

Lauraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

I would say they don't eat fish except my carpet has eaten 2 of my fish. BTAS are a little easier but the one my dad has was beautiful this morning and now it's shriveled up.

Carpets are different, they are fish eating machines!

Archived