Innovative Marine Aquariums

Harry's "Hyper" JBJ RL-45: TAKEN DOWN

HarryPotter

HarryPotter

It's clear!

C199DAEC-1994-41E1-A0EC-7F717D448E5D_zps

Looks like things are rolling along nicely with this thing. Can't wait to see it done!

I'll be taking careful notes for if/when I ever upgrade my tank and need to move stuff over. Prepare for the snot storm!!

Your welcome Harry, I have made several tank moves/upgrades working in a saltwater fish store for a few years and having my own tanks for 15 years.

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HarryPotter

Okay.... Should I do tonga & ReefCleaners? Or just ReefCleaners? If anyone has pictures I would appreciate that a LOTTT

reefernanoman

It's clear!C199DAEC-1994-41E1-A0EC-7F717D448E5D_zps

Deep sand bed eh? Always exciting to see water inside a tank for the first time.

HarryPotter

Deep sand bed eh? Always exciting to see water inside a tank for the first time.

It's actually not too deep- about 2" overall.

I've considered BB for a while, but have decided that it is not what I want (the ULNS, w. constant dosing, siphoning, etc). At this point in my life, I think BB (to me) would hurt my love of reefing and aspiration for beauty from the high maintenance required.

I know many people love it, but I'm just not prepared (as a student) to offer that sort of maintenance.

Im not a fan of Tonga rock unless done like this.

http://i.ytimg.com/vi/_HLRimmSeOM/hqdefault.jpg

And this guy is just a boss.

HA! Funny! Yeah no problem I can do an aqua scape just like that- NOT! :lol:

HarryPotter

Daaaaaaaaammmnnn. Looks niiice

Thanks!

Do you like the painting, or think it should/could be moved? Im torn whether it accents the aquarium or if it distracts from it

Nah they fit fine no worries there I'd leave em. But then again you gotta live with it,not me lol.

I have fishing rods above my tank

HarryPotter

Im torn what ATO i should get. Originally I was going to get a Spectrapure, but then I heard mediocre things about the pumps lifespan and such.

The Tunze Osmulator looks good though, and I can have a nice sized RO storage down there, no?

Thanks!

Do you like the painting, or think it should/could be moved? Im torn whether it accents the aquarium or if it distracts from it

I like the paintings I would leave them, they tie in nicely.

reefernanoman

Im torn what ATO i should get. Originally I was going to get a Spectrapure, but then I heard mediocre things about the pumps lifespan and such.

The Tunze Osmulator looks good though, and I can have a nice sized RO storage down there, no?

I have the Tunze nano osmolator and that thing has given trouble only like once in two years. I cleaned the sensor with vinegar, since it was sticking and it has been flawless after that(like a year ago at least)

HarryPotter

I have the Tunze nano osmolator and that thing has given trouble only like once in two years. I cleaned the sensor with vinegar, since it was sticking and it has been flawless after that(like a year ago at least)

That comes with a pump, right? Does the pump have to go in the RO container or can it be external? (Using airline tubing, I assume)

Im leaning towards the Nano Osmulator, or just ordering new float switches ($5) for my JBJ ATO

HarryPotter

Today's haul:

13x assorted snails

10lbs closely inspected LR

3x scarlet hermit

1x cleaner shrimp

1x nanomag

1x neon green plating montipora

1x purple playing montipora

Pics in a bit! Acclimating :-)

thecoralbeauty

Today's haul:

13x assorted snails

10lbs closely inspected LR

3x scarlet hermit

1x cleaner shrimp

1x nanomag

1x neon green plating montipora

1x purple playing montipora

Pics in a bit! Acclimating :-)

yay for all except the hermits. i can't stand those buggers.

purple monticap?! aaaahh! i want one so bad but they didn't have any at the swap yesterday. :(

reefernanoman

That comes with a pump, right? Does the pump have to go in the RO container or can it be external? (Using airline tubing, I assume)

Im leaning towards the Nano Osmulator, or just ordering new float switches ($5) for my JBJ ATO

Yeah, it comes with its own pump,and the pump has to be inside the reservoir. It is kind of annoying when it is activated, because it is has a whirl sound, but the water and electrical lines are pretty narrow.
HarryPotter

yay for all except the hermits. i can't stand those buggers.

purple monticap?! aaaahh! i want one so bad but they didn't have any at the swap yesterday. :(

$9.99 for a cup shaped 4" frag! omgomgomg

HarryPotter

Good Haul Harry are you going to put the montipora in the new tank or old until the new is ready?

Old tank until new is ready :-)

The CUC is in, and a Zoa colony as well. I am waiting for my Reefcleaners rock to finalize it

Yeah, it comes with its own pump,and the pump has to be inside the reservoir. It is kind of annoying when it is activated, because it is has a whirl sound, but the water and electrical lines are pretty narrow.

Bought it today! The full osmulator. I traded about 40 Pipe Organ Frags at the LFS and got it!

Hooked it up to the RL-45, and it's great. I can fit a Home Depot 5g bucket in there!

I also have Kalk, and am thinking about putting some in the ATO supply.

I almost got a doser, a jebao j2. However the tank is so new that it's not worth it at this point

Why no Radion? I have the Tunze Osmolator. Not the nano. It is a much better unit. Has an optical sensor and a float switch as backup.

Radion is still on my Nanocube, so I zip tied a RapidLED retrofit kit onto it so I could do the test with zoas.

I got the Osmulater :-)

HarryPotter

Heres photos! The caps, random aquascape (Just a quick one to get that instant cycle)

Aquascape: I am still waiting for my ReefCleaners, but this is the LR so far. It is pest free, and I picked out some nice pieces. About 11 lbs

IMG_0510_zpsd9zbthqj.jpg

Under the tank: New Tunze Osmulator w. 5 gallon ATO is set up. The wire management is just beginning, I need to get the cord wraps and custom brackets installed, but will do that AFTER the apex is set up. The DJ power bar is temporary, but gets the job done.

New purple Montipora Cap: $9.99, SCORE

IMG_0498_zpsntlznryb.jpg

New Neon Green Montipora cap: $7.99, SCORE (I think)

IMG_0497_zpslocvfjn7.jpg

New photo of the overflowing (And slightly neglected) NanoCube

IMG_0503_zpsaau21p65.jpg

Archived