Top Shelf Aquatics

Red stuff coming out of Clown....

slevin007

Can anyone ID this. If you look just under the middle white bar, you can see what looks like 2 pink/red bulb poop things (scientific term). Ive never seen this before.

Water is good,

Am-0

PH-8.2

Nitrate-5

Nitrite-0

SPG 1.026

RO/DI water

2 Clowns, 1 yellow tail damsel, huge cleanup crew, a few mushrooms, Cleaner Shrimp, leather, Shaving Brush.

Id appreciate any advice, hints, or tips.

12E8E6FE-7ADA-4579-87D6-7D3D71E18F90_zps

54737949-CA78-4BB6-84C5-CAC521CA0E25_zps

F112C7B1-111A-47AB-9B29-6D4797183EF4_zps

I'm not good with diseases and parasites, or health issues in general. But those blobs remind me a lot of inflamed vent on angelfish/butterflyfish.

Me either brother, so they started out as 2 little blobs, but now its a stringy thing. the clown shook it off and now there is nothing. I am assuming it will come back.

My question now is, I am assuming its a parasite, and I would like to use some Prazipro but Ive never used it before. any clues.

I did, and incidentally they are red. Do you think that might have been the issue... I know that sounds stupid, but I know with a lot of other fish it can turn their stool the color of the food...

I did, and incidentally they are red. Do you think that might have been the issue... I know that sounds stupid, but I know with a lot of other fish it can turn their stool the color of the food...

i think it was just poop. Watch the behavior, mix up your food between red flakes, algae flakes, occasional pellet, and see how it goes. If poop is always stringy you might have an issue but a lot of times Clowns can get over it.

Archived