Innovative Marine Aquariums

If you could restart and had a fist full of cash?

music4life87

music4life87

AIO route, I would get a custom tank or 20 gallon from pico aquariums. Either a radion xr15 or nanobox duo to light it up. Sumped, I would get a red sea reefer nano with the same light options.

I have heard really good things about Pico Aquariums. Do you have a link to a page that has sizes and prices. I cant seem to find anything.

I have heard really good things about Pico Aquariums. Do you have a link to a page that has sizes and prices. I cant seem to find anything.

Chris does awesome work he made my tank.

DSCN9398.jpg

DSCN9399.jpg

DSCN9386.jpg

I would invest in getting a custom built tank.

I have a custom design in mind where I would have two corner overflows with a false wall connecting them to make a back section like an AIO has. The entire middle would be a fuge and the wall would have windows cut in it covered in mesh to allow water in/out and pods out. =) Figure why put the fuge under the tank when it could be directly in the tank and help keep the pod population going strong. Plus it seems like it would make a great feeding station to allow pipe fish/dragonettes.

Id budget shop and buy a used set of vortechs/radions/skimmer/sump/etc because people are always selling next to brand new high quality shit.. some people apparently have too much money to blow =) "I just bought 5 radions then decided I didn't like them"...

Use the left over money to buy fancy ass over priced coral frags like a jaw breaker shroom and $200+ my miami chalice =)

12_egg_Omelette

I would invest in getting a custom built tank.

I have a custom design in mind where I would have two corner overflows with a false wall connecting them to make a back section like an AIO has. The entire middle would be a fuge and the wall would have windows cut in it covered in mesh to allow water in/out and pods out. =) Figure why put the fuge under the tank when it could be directly in the tank and help keep the pod population going strong. Plus it seems like it would make a great feeding station to allow pipe fish/dragonettes.

Id budget shop and buy a used set of vortechs/radions/skimmer/sump/etc because people are always selling next to brand new high quality shit.. some people apparently have too much money to blow =) "I just bought 5 radions then decided I didn't like them"...

Use the left over money to buy fancy ass over priced coral frags like a jaw breaker shroom and $200+ my miami chalice =)

I offered to selling you one radio at a great price, I told you that you didn't need to take all 5. ;)

HarryPotter

I offered to selling you one radio at a great price, I told you that you didn't need to take all 5. ;)

Id like to hear more information on the "Great Price" and what model it is, if the Radion is still for sale :P

aviator300

From what I have heard you want to stay away from the IM tanks with the curved glass corners. The new fusions are doing okay doesn't seem to have the same issues since they went to a corner seam instead of the one piece of glass with curved corners.

Seems like it also was a tank size issue. Their 4 and 8 gal nuvo's didn't have this issue but anything bigger was a gamble.

I had a similar dilemma a while back. Had no tank and wanted to get started again. Started out with a $1,000 budget, then upped it to $1,500 cause I wanted something else, and then again to $2,000.

I finally stopped keeping track, and last time I looked I was at about $5,000+ invested into my Innovative Marine Nuvo Fusion 40 setup.

HarryPotter

Define "fist" lol

1x Red Sea Reefer 650

4x Radion XR30w Pro

2x Vortech MP40w QD

1x ReefLink

1x LifeReef Skimmer

1x Ecotech multi- light mount

200lbs ReefCleaners Dry Rock

1x SpectraPure RO/DI

1x Tunze Osmulator

1x Apex Gold

2x Apex Dös

1x Auto Constant water change system

Quarantine

2x Nuvo 120

4x Radion Pro

2x Vortech MP40w QD

Etc

Partially Submerged

Keep the money and build the tank you have. Go on vacation next year. Upgrade later when stuff has outgrown your tank.

music4life87

Well after a lot of talk with my wife and her getting frustrated with me because I'm stressed out trying to make a decision we both decided to get the JBJ 45 gallon rimless AIO tank. Ill use the smaller tank as a QT/Frag tank in the office room and set up the 45 gallon in the living room. We have everything ordered and it should all be here at the end of this week... well everything except one thing. Now I'm not sure what to do for lights. I know I want to keep some SPS and someday have a Maxima clam but I really don't know what to get. LED? MH? T5? the tank is 26.5" wide and 19" deep. I want something that's going to really make the colors pop and do well with the SPS and a clam but I don't want a canopy or a big bulky set up over the top. Its needs to be a clean/sleek looking set up.

Any ideas???

Again pictures would really help.

Thanks

HarryPotter

Well after a lot of talk with my wife and her getting frustrated with me because I'm stressed out trying to make a decision we both decided to get the JBJ 45 gallon rimless AIO tank. Ill use the smaller tank as a QT/Frag tank in the office room and set up the 45 gallon in the living room. We have everything ordered and it should all be here at the end of this week... well everything except one thing. Now I'm not sure what to do for lights. I know I want to keep some SPS and someday have a Maxima clam but I really don't know what to get. LED? MH? T5? the tank is 26.5" wide and 19" deep. I want something that's going to really make the colors pop and do well with the SPS and a clam but I don't want a canopy or a big bulky set up over the top. Its needs to be a clean/sleek looking set up.

Any ideas???

Again pictures would really help.

Thanks

Hey MusicForLife! I recently set up a RL-45 to upgrade my overflowing NanoCube!

I use a single Radion XR30w Pro and it is more than enough for that tank. You can have clams, SPS galore, etc :)

Feel free to PM me with any questions about the RL-45 or my experience with it!

Tanks been set up for a few days now, and looks great. Its a really high quality tank EXCEPT THE MEDIA BASKETS ARE SHIT. GET INTANK ONES.

​I also recommend the Tunze Osmulator and a MP40 (Or two MP10s)

music4life87

Hey MusicForLife! I recently set up a RL-45 to upgrade my overflowing NanoCube!

I use a single Radion XR30w Pro and it is more than enough for that tank. You can have clams, SPS galore, etc :)

Feel free to PM me with any questions about the RL-45 or my experience with it!

Tanks been set up for a few days now, and looks great. Its a really high quality tank EXCEPT THE MEDIA BASKETS ARE SHIT. GET INTANK ONES.

​I also recommend the Tunze Osmulator and a MP40 (Or two MP10s)

Do you have a build thread going? I would really like to follow that and get updates.

music4life87

Well I was doing some math and after everything that I ordered this weekend I have about $500 left. $2,000 goes really fast with a reef tank :( So I'm kind of limited with my options for lighting. I'm sure I can beg my wife for more but I would prefer not too. Any ideas within a $500 budget?

HarryPotter

Well I was doing some math and after everything that I ordered this weekend I have about $500 left. $2,000 goes really fast with a reef tank :( So I'm kind of limited with my options for lighting. I'm sure I can beg my wife for more but I would prefer not too. Any ideas within a $500 budget?

Do you have a list of what you ordered?

music4life87

Do you have a list of what you ordered?

JBJ 45 RL

60 lbs sand

50 lbs Marco Rock

BRS RO/DI

2 MP10s

Heater

20 gallon tank (water mixing/ prep station)

Lumber for building a stand for 20 gallon tank

2 Koralia power heads for mixing water

Cheap heater for mixing water

A few homer buckets

And most importantly a very nice dinner and date night with my wife so that we will continue to let me have expensive hobbies.

Slightly out of my budget :D

HarryPotter

JBJ 45 RL

60 lbs sand

50 lbs Marco Rock

BRS RO/DI

2 MP10s

Heater

20 gallon tank (water mixing/ prep station)

Lumber for building a stand for 20 gallon tank

2 Koralia power heads for mixing water

Cheap heater for mixing water

A few homer buckets

And most importantly a very nice dinner and date night with my wife so that we will continue to let me have expensive hobbies.

Slightly out of my budget :D

Haha sounds great!

You NEED:

Refractometer

Lighting

Test Kits (Salifert, preferably)

And SHOULD GET

Tunze Osmulator Nano

Magnet

Possible HOB reactor

SKimmer

music4life87

Haha sounds great!

You NEED:

Refractometer

Lighting

Test Kits (Salifert, preferably)

And SHOULD GET

Tunze Osmulator Nano

Magnet

Possible HOB reactor

SKimmer

Yeah I already have the Skimmer, test kits, magnet, bucket O Salt... ect.

I have everything I need except lights. I have no Idea what to get.

I kind of thinking about the Maxspect R420R Razor LED Lighting Fixture - 16000K for $419

But I'm not really sure about the coral growth that I'll get out of it. I keep finding mixed reviews

HarryPotter

I kind of thinking about the Maxspect R420R Razor LED Lighting Fixture - 16000K for $419

But I'm not really sure about the coral growth that I'll get out of it. I keep finding mixed reviews

With a budget in the $400's, you have some great options. IMO the ultimate light that can grow anything anywhere is the EcoTech Radion, which I hope to have over my RL-45 after the transition. However AquaIllumination and NanoBox also have very high quality units if you are going LED

EXCEPT THE MEDIA BASKETS ARE SHIT. GET INTANK ONES.

This seems to be universal no matter who makes the AIO Tanks lol

music4life87

Yeah I was looking at the media baskets. I'm pretty good with acrylic so I think I'll try to make my own before I spend $60 each.

I just did the reset. Started from scratch... no old equipment. Way over $2,000 for a 70G CAD Lights build... right now about $3,200 invested but I didn't shop deals, nor did I cut corners.

Archived