SaltCritters.com

Electric Indigo & The Cinammon Clowns - IM Fusion 40 - #Duo +M!

charnelhouse

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply
charnelhouse

Congrats on the skimmate! Hahaha

Hah! Thanks, and thanks for the help in the other thread ;)

• 3 weeks later...
charnelhouse

Little update:

I had to get the Naoko's Wrasse out of the tank due to aggression from the Yellowfin. Put him in the 6 gallon temporarily while I tried to get the Yellowfin out, but could not catch him. Then I noticed the Naoko's struggling in the 6 a few days later. Took him back to the LFS. Checked on him there a couple of days later and he was doing fine and back out for sale. They even credited me most of what I paid for him.

After a day or three with just the Citron Goby and the Yellowfin I noticed the Yellowfin paying a lot of attention to the Citron. Not really attacking, but definitely being pushy.

I've been intending to get a pair of clowns for my daughter (she's wanted them for a year since we started the 6) and decided to do it to try and distract the Yellowfin from the Citron. We picked up a pair of locally bred ocellaris, a standard and a domino. Mission accomplished. The Yellowfin ignores the domino completely and focuses most of it's attention on the standard, but she doesn't take his crap.

Ustream is currently up if anyone is interested in checking them out.

charnelhouse

I think I need a new name for this thread/tank, but I have a far too literal mind and can't think of anything creative.

Ideas? NM, had one...

Considering my problem child Devil's Hand (Ustream feed center right looking all limp) maybe part of the name should be Limp Biscuit... haha.

charnelhouse

An update on tank residents:

In honor of a recent astronomical event, my daughter named the clowns Venus and Jupiter. So the tank now has:

Citron Clown Goby - "Details"

Yellowfin Flasher Wrasse - "Flare"

Standard Ocellaris - "Venus"

Domino Ocellaris - "Jupiter"

Conjunction of Names:

venus-jupiter-6-30-2015_zpsllqaq0cb.jpg

All the Feeshes:

2015-07-05%2019.22.37_zpsbckgm6f9.jpg

Murphs_Reef

Skimmate!

2015-06-08%2016.55.30_zpsq62g2b6p.jpg

And some diatom rock fish action...

2015-06-08%2016.43.56_zpsfvhc08bh.jpg

2015-06-08%2016.42.24_zps165d4kgq.jpg

Looks a bit like when I dropped cement on the patio, got drunk, forgot about it till the morning, then cried when I seen the mess...

But the rest looks ace, apart from that little bit in the middle

charnelhouse

Looks a bit like when I dropped cement on the patio, got drunk, forgot about it till the morning, then cried when I seen the mess...

But the rest looks ace, apart from that little bit in the middle

Did you hit it with a Primal Concrete Sledge?

On the serious side though, huh? Are you critiquing my scape there? I think that's it just not sure with the gibberish... lol.

If that's the case, you're probably right. I'm suffering from this being a transfer and not really being able to lay everything out before moving some stuff over. I have shuffled stuff a little since then. And it looks better in person where you get the depth perspective. You'll just have to trust me on that.

I haven't been updating though since it's going through the uglies right now. Cyano and diatoms mostly. Nothing super drastic, just new tank syndrome stuff.

2015-07-18%2011.44.38_zpsuhaur0q1.jpg

Murphs_Reef

Did you hit it with a Primal Concrete Sledge?

On the serious side though, huh? Are you critiquing my scape there? I think that's it just not sure with the gibberish... lol.

If that's the case, you're probably right. I'm suffering from this being a transfer and not really being able to lay everything out before moving some stuff over. I have shuffled stuff a little since then. And it looks better in person where you get the depth perspective. You'll just have to trust me on that.

I haven't been updating though since it's going through the uglies right now. Cyano and diatoms mostly. Nothing super drastic, just new tank syndrome stuff.

2015-07-18%2011.44.38_zpsuhaur0q1.jpg

Lol yep..

No I was on about the skimmate lol

charnelhouse

Leathers like dirty water, since the tank is new, the DOC is probably low. It will come around though, just give it time.

Thanks for the encouragement :). The DOC has been a little frustrating, it's really touchy. I've had it overflow a couple of times after doing maintenance. Keeping a better eye on it now when I change water, etc. Trying to find the line between "not enough skimming" and "Too much skimming" is a pain. I think it's getting there though.

Lol yep..

No I was on about the skimmate lol

Heh, I totally didn't get it then :wacko:. No commentary on the Pantera reference? Haha...

Murphs_Reef

Thanks for the encouragement :). The DOC has been a little frustrating, it's really touchy. I've had it overflow a couple of times after doing maintenance. Keeping a better eye on it now when I change water, etc. Trying to find the line between "not enough skimming" and "Too much skimming" is a pain. I think it's getting there though.

Heh, I totally didn't get it then :wacko:. No commentary on the Pantera reference? Haha...

I did take note lol.... But I was thinking more along the lines of drag the waters ;)

charnelhouse

Just throwing in some pics of my other loves for conversation pieces. Since my tank is nothing to talk about ATM.

I did do a major clean on the cyano and a WC last night and things looked a lot better.

2015-07-20%2018.54.10_zpsk3egsfyq.jpg

Mila's Newest Toy:

2015-07-13%2017.25.28_zpssprk2geb.jpg

My Favorite Toy:

2015-06-14%2013.55.38_zpsp0qytj6y.jpg

2015-06-13%2018.27.33_zpsk7uqif5d.jpg

I'm leaving early Saturday morning for Sturgis. ~1400 mile one-way ride. Gone for ten days. Hope my tank sitter doesn't kill anything... :blink::huh::o

Me and the Kiddo at The Rink:

2015-02-28%2013.10.02_zpsgmevxvaf.jpg

Maybe my favorite pic of us ever:

241806_10150883196316245_1592962200_o_zp

charnelhouse

Yes, yes it does :lol:

(Or so I've told myself)

Hey, if you're doing it then I'm in good company ;)

charnelhouse

Hey dude! what are your plans for stocking this tank? (Corals)

Hi, thanks for dropping in ;)

I'm not really sure yet. I have a few leathers and shrooms in there right now that I was having a hard time keeping happy in the 6 gallon. First order of business is to get them thriving (for the most part they all seem to be doing much better in this tank so far).

I also want to add a few barnacle blennies as the last fish stock.

Once I get them in there, get the current corals all happy, and see how well I do keeping the water quality up I want to try a BTA for the clowns to (hopefully) move into. I will probably do some zoas also, I really want to put some blue morphs in (Tubbs Blue maybe).

If I can be successful with all of that I may try some LPS/SPS. If I do SPS it will probably be just one branching type for Citron to perch in. Not sure which, but I've seen some purple digi's that I really like. I'm hoping that if I use a digi instead of an acro he won't nip at it. Right now he perches in the sinularia all the time, so I know he won't be picky.. haha.

Safe travels! I just did that trip last month...although not all the way to Sturgis ;). I love that drive! Wish I could do it again...but with someone to share the driving this time :).

charnelhouse

Safe travels! I just did that trip last month...although not all the way to Sturgis ;). I love that drive! Wish I could do it again...but with someone to share the driving this time :).

Thanks! Can't really classify my trip as a "drive" ;), more a "ride".. haha. Taking my favorite toy out there (see above).

Ya i say get those corals looking good before adding more. I bet what you really need is your tank to settle in. I know that it is cycled but it is still a young tank!

Thanks! Can't really classify my trip as a "drive" ;), more a "ride".. haha. Taking my favorite toy out there (see above).

I figured that's what you were taking :).
  • 3 weeks later...
charnelhouse

Small update. After a 10 day trip to Sturgis I came back to a dirty tank with a renewed cyano bloom, but everybody was still alive (thanks to my neighbor for feeding).

The Devil's Hand is looking a little worse for wear, not really sure what's going on with it. There is a whole new bud forming from part of the stem that got pinched between the wall and the rock it is on when the rock tipped over. The rest of it looks sort of pale and limp. It is still firm though so I'm letting it ride to see what happens.

No new tank pics as nothing has really changed and it's still got the uglies. But here are a few Sturgis pics just for fun:

(Waiting for photobucket upload. Will post soon.)

charnelhouse

Trip Pics:

2015-07-25%2015.46.39_zps8xhbnged.jpg

Off Highway 14, Utah. A little east of Cedar City:

2015-07-25%2017.24.42_zpscwnu6khi.jpg

Worst mishap of the trip - out of gas (curses, small tank):

2015-07-26%2009.14.16_zpswwlnc9cq.jpg

View from our patio the day of our arrival:

2015-07-27%2017.53.53_zpsxckhdx5w.jpg

2015-07-28%2011.47.07_zps2dekgiaw.jpg

2015-07-28%2012.11.04_zpswkxczenq.jpg

2015-07-28%2013.15.46_zps8nnff1bi.jpg

2015-07-28%2018.17.21_zpsl2mh2ylu.jpg

Needles Eye, Black Hills South Dakota:

2015-07-28%2019.19.49_zps3vgcklfx.jpg

2015-07-29%2013.01.05_zpsqwgdczk2.jpg

2015-07-29%2013.56.34_zpscr9ohsln.jpg

2015-07-31%2013.59.47_zpsfk2hd7zj.jpg

2015-07-31%2018.42.56_zps7itl7jbv.jpg

2015-07-31%2020.28.59_zpsdfw8ffh1.jpg

At the Buffalo Chip:

2015-08-01%2021.08.57_zpsmjwq5n2b.jpg

2015-08-01%2022.54.38_zpscfibguis.jpg

Thanks for looking, it was an epic trip. 75th anniversary of the rally.

Archived