Pod Your Reef

Electric Indigo & The Cinammon Clowns - IM Fusion 40 - #Duo +M!

charnelhouse

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply
charnelhouse

They are both great, I'm hoping yours stays healthy and beautiful

Thanks, me toooooo!

I was doing a little more research and I'm wondering if this is a wild caught from deeper water (hence the darker colors). If so maybe that is why it is hiding from my light. I need to call AquaSD and see if they know.

charnelhouse

I was not home last night, just came home for lunch.

The 'nem is now on the other side of the tank, still in the back. It's in the shade still, and attached to rock, but right at the sand. It is laying on the sand, mostly retracted into itself.

It has both a white goo and a brown goo coming off of it.

Pics aren't coming out good enough to be helpful because of where it's sitting.

Any chance of this thing still making it?

charnelhouse

Silly anemones! Lol gotta love em... One day looking like death and the next happy as can be.

Reminds me of summer :flower:

It's still in the back of the tank though. How come it doesn't know I want it where I can see it from my couch? :rolleyes:

It's still in the back of the tank though. How come it doesn't know I want it where I can see it from my couch? :rolleyes:

You need to tame that Anemone. Break out the whip

I'm a lucky guy... My anemone was put and stayed dead center in my tank.

charnelhouse

You need to tame that Anemone. Break out the whip

I'm a lucky guy... My anemone was put and stayed dead center in my tank.

It seems like it's hiding from my light, but I don't get that because it's a Current Orbit Marine (not pro) and it was under a big metal halide at the LFS. Whatever, as long as it isn't dying I'm happy :D

charnelhouse

Sadly, the Devil's Hand is a goner. Did a cleaning and a WC today. The big Emerald Crab had been picking at the DH for a couple of nights and I hadn't seen polyps in days. It was barely attached to it's spot still. I cut it free and took it out of the tank. Maybe the stump that is still on the rock will grow out. There's a dime size piece still.

The 'nem is still in it's hiding spot, but hanging in fine. Venus and Jupiter haven't discovered it yet, but they've been hanging around the area. We'll see.

I've gone back to keeping a mirror on one side of the tank to give Flare (the wrasse) something to occupy himself with other than hassling everybody else.

charnelhouse

Here are a couple of fluffy 'nem pics just for the hell of it. It's about as big as my palm in these. It can expand to the size of my whole hand, but only did that when first introduced to the tank.

2015-08-28%2017.57.14_zpsvqhzuiry.jpg

2015-08-28%2017.57.33_zpsdfurzlja.jpg

And don't hate on the dirty back wall. I leave it like that for the snails :P

Here are a couple of fluffy 'nem pics just for the hell of it. It's about as big as my palm in these. It can expand to the size of my whole hand, but only did that when first introduced to the tank.

2015-08-28%2017.57.14_zpsvqhzuiry.jpg

2015-08-28%2017.57.33_zpsdfurzlja.jpg

And don't hate on the dirty back wall. I leave it like that for the snails :P

LOL, I don't think that turbo in the foreground is enjoying the back wall or anything else for that matter. JK, I have empty turbo shells in my reef too!

charnelhouse

LOL, I don't think that turbo in the foreground is enjoying the back wall or anything else for that matter. JK, I have empty turbo shells in my reef too!

It's actually a margherita. I read recently that they are cold water and don't do well in tropical tanks. All 6 I put in about a month ago are dead, supporting that article. No more margheritas for me. I have a couple of Mex turbos and a dozen or so ceriths that are doing well.

It's actually a margherita. I read recently that they are cold water and don't do well in tropical tanks. All 6 I put in about a month ago are dead, supporting that article. No more margheritas for me. I have a couple of Mex turbos and a dozen or so ceriths that are doing well.

Interesting. Cold as in low 70s cold or cold as in really cold? They might be good in a seahorse tank?

charnelhouse

Interesting. Cold as in low 70s cold or cold as in really cold? They might be good in a seahorse tank?

Can't say for 100% sure, but I think yes, mid to low 70's. The article was in Coral magazine and the snail they referred to is Tegula funebralis which is a margarita snail and Wikipedia gives a range of Vancouver BC to Baja Mexico which tells me 50-75 degree water.

LA says the margarita snail is Margarites pupillus, which still is colder water and they don't recommend a temp over 78. I keep my tank at 79-80.

I think my LFS is selling T. funebralis as margaritas. They are probably locally collected in northern Baja.

charnelhouse

Hoping I didn't screw up, but I stuck a coral branch chunk of LR in the 'nems face trying to get it to relocate this morning. It was staying parked in the back of the tank spot it had picked and feeding it in that spot is going to be a true PITA so trying to get it to move without doing anything drastic.

Gonna run home at lunch and see what's up.

So my BTA eviction scheme worked. Got home this afternoon and it is sitting here:

2015-08-31%2016.42.10_zpsvqjl8meo.jpg

Tried to feed it where it is but only have mysis and with it upside down it was a PITA trying to get any on it. I'm gonna have to get something bigger.

It's still on the move and it looked like it was heading toward another hole in the back of the tank but I stuck one of the coral branches in there to head it off at the pass. You can see the other branch in the back that was at the eviction site.

2015-08-31%2017.36.07_zpswgayeov7.jpg

Hopefully it settles in a decent spot for feeding soon.

reefernanoman

So my BTA eviction scheme worked. Got home this afternoon and it is sitting here:

2015-08-31%2016.42.10_zpsvqjl8meo.jpg

Tried to feed it where it is but only have mysis and with it upside down it was a PITA trying to get any on it. I'm gonna have to get something bigger.

It's still on the move and it looked like it was heading toward another hole in the back of the tank but I stuck one of the coral branches in there to head it off at the pass. You can see the other branch in the back that was at the eviction site.

2015-08-31%2017.36.07_zpswgayeov7.jpg

Hopefully it settles in a decent spot for feeding soon.

Following. Any new FTS?

Following. Any new FTS?

I've been a little busy lately, so no. I'll try and get one up soon.

The 'nem was up and in the light as of this morning when I left for work. Hoping it is planning on staying up there. It's still behind the big rock on the right so you can't see it from the front of the tank though :huh:

reefernanoman

I've been a little busy lately, so no. I'll try and get one up soon.

The 'nem was up and in the light as of this morning when I left for work. Hoping it is planning on staying up there. It's still behind the big rock on the right so you can't see it from the front of the tank though :huh:

I got lucky with my RBTA. When I decided to reduce my light intensity, it s

Wondered right into the middle back of my tank, which is the perfect spot for it (no corals around it).

I got lucky with my RBTA. When I decided to reduce my light intensity, it s

Wondered right into the middle back of my tank, which is the perfect spot for it (no corals around it).

Wish mine were that easy. Got home from work today and it's back on the bottom. Almost looks like it's going to split. Wishing I would have waited to put one in the tank, but trying to be patient.

righttirefire

Just relax. You've read my anenome adventures right? My green one just prefers lower light. My rose us top of the tank. Both prefer facing the back wall. Before the rose I tried to get the green to move. So I moved the rock it was on. It didn't move for 2 weeks. Than walked for a week. Turn your mp10 to short pulse mode. It'll save your monster. The longest pulse setting and whatever intensity you want. Bubible tips are awesome but you need to watch out they'll get themselves in all kinds of trouble

Just relax. You've read my anenome adventures right? My green one just prefers lower light. My rose us top of the tank. Both prefer facing the back wall. Before the rose I tried to get the green to move. So I moved the rock it was on. It didn't move for 2 weeks. Than walked for a week. Turn your mp10 to short pulse mode. It'll save your monster. The longest pulse setting and whatever intensity you want. Bubible tips are awesome but you need to watch out they'll get themselves in all kinds of trouble

Thanks for the advice, I appreciate it. I've read about yours, but it's still hard to keep perspective.... haha.

I have my MP10 on reef crest full blast. You think short pulse is a better choice? Is that just because it will let it get off if it needs too? I have the foam cover on the head, but I know that doesn't necessarily mean it's ok (I saw your pics).

Archived