Innovative Marine Aquariums

Electric Indigo & The Cinammon Clowns - IM Fusion 40 - #Duo +M!

charnelhouse

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cool ride! Sturgis is unbelievable with all the bikes everywhere.

I just did a 3800 mile ride in 11 days from PA to 4 Corners (where AZ, NM, CO, and UT meet) in July. My husband and I try to do a big ride every year. We are on a quest to ride to the 49 states. We have all but 6 and will need at least 2 more roadtrips to get those.

charnelhouse

Cool ride! Sturgis is unbelievable with all the bikes everywhere.

I just did a 3800 mile ride in 11 days from PA to 4 Corners (where AZ, NM, CO, and UT meet) in July. My husband and I try to do a big ride every year. We are on a quest to ride to the 49 states. We have all but 6 and will need at least 2 more roadtrips to get those.

Very cool. This was by far my longest bike trip ever. My GF is a total road warrior though. She's done the Al Can across the Yukon, US coast to coast, been pretty much everywhere. I foresee more road trips in my future.

Drop a line if you're ever going to be in San Diego ;)

20150628_083412_zpsa175ccf6.jpg

This is me and my bike in Effinham, IL the 2nd morning of our trip. I will definitely stop by if we are in your neck of the woods. The same goes for you if you are ever in the Pittsburgh, PA area!

charnelhouse

Small update:

Added a half dozen red tip hermits and three emerald crabs over the last couple of days.

Hope I don't end up regretting the emerald's. One of them is a big bastard of a male, about the size of a dollar coin, and within ten minutes he was pinching at our sinularia. I tried to grab him with my grab stick but he got away. But he didn't seem to bother it after that and everything looked good this morning. Time will tell.

He is pretty cool to watch in the tank, just hope he doesn't turn into a coral murderer.

Here they are in the bag acclimating:

2015-08-13%2017.03.09_zpsihakuzib.jpg

If he eats the wrasse in it's sleep though I'll buy him a cookie :lol:

charnelhouse

Bored on a Saturday night photo dump. The tank's still ugly, but I blew a bunch of the cyano off the rocks and did a 15% WC today. Everything but the Devil's Hand is relatively happy. New crabs are helping knock the algae down. I'm waiting to see if the Devil's Hand and pissed off Ric's start looking normal again before I even think of adding any new corals. Will probably pick up 2-3 barnacle blennies next week off LA if they are still there on Friday.

Pics:

2015-08-15%2019.13.53_zpss7bo8zhi.jpg

2015-08-15%2019.14.05_zps89lkekyk.jpg

2015-08-15%2019.14.19_zps6laltxus.jpg

2015-08-15%2019.18.20_zpsrkxsxotd.jpg

2015-08-15%2019.19.21_zpsbfwr09tw.jpg

2015-08-15%2019.20.05_zpsft0onjyj.jpg

2015-08-15%2019.21.24_zpsdgxjgvpi.jpg

2015-08-15%2019.25.08-1_zpsgai3dw9v.jpg

2015-08-15%2019.26.13_zps0ogpyps3.jpg

2015-08-15%2019.30.43_zpss6uovfkg.jpg

2015-08-15%2019.48.39_zpsywgvzg8i.jpg

charnelhouse

Did a little re-scaping last night trying to get the rics and shrooms in a happier place. I think they were getting blasted with too much flow. Opened up the middle to more of a valley. Wasn't in the mood for taking pics, will have to do that later. Probably this evening.

Also not happy with the linear flow from the duckbills so got on InTank last night and took advantage of their 10% off coupon to get 2 spin streams and some free floss. Thanks InTank!

charnelhouse

Well, I was at AquaSD yesterday lookie-looing and saw a BTA that really struck me. Dark green tentacles with orange tips.

Tested water today and everything was perfect, so I went back today and got it. Other than puking back up the krill they fed it for me so I could see if it was eating, so far so good. Hope I'm not being an idiot for jumping the gun since this tank is still sort of fresh...

2015-08-23%2017.03.19_zpsqi5w5s1k.jpg

As usual, cell pic does not really show the colors. It looks more purple under my lights than it did at AquaSD.

charnelhouse

Thanks! I've been planning on one since I started this tank, but was going to wait. This one was just screaming "buy me" though. Hopefully I can keep it alive omgomgomg:scarry::eek:

charnelhouse

Already on the move... I'm hoping it stays up on this rock, not that I really have any say... :lol:

Put the foam cover on the MP10 ;)

2015-08-23%2017.45.17_zpshfopufmv.jpg

2015-08-23%2017.45.55_zpsqddk20xs.jpg

charnelhouse

The 'nem was still in this ^^^ spot when I left for work this morning. I slid my light back last night to where it was shining blues more on the spot and Mr. Nem started to shrink away from the light, so I moved it back.

I thought 'nems wanted high light? :wacko: figures I got the Goth 'nem.

And so far the clowns have paid it zero attention. They are local tank raised so they probably don't know what it is. I hope they figure it out...

charnelhouse

Took a top down yesterday while the pumps were off. Still a crappy cell phone pic, but it shows the middle rift pretty well.

2015-08-23%2017.02.36_zpswh5bjthi.jpg

charnelhouse

The new nem looks great man. It will settle down after about a week. Feed it once you like where it's at.

Thanks Lawn.

So far it is parked in that same spot, which is weird because it's staying mostly out of the light. If that's where it chooses to stay, so be it, but I hope it moves to a more viewable area. One good thing about that spot is it is right in the same corner that the clowns sleep, so maybe that will encourage them moving in. So far they have ignored it completely though.

I'm laughing at myself though with my visions of a big beautiful 'nem parked right out in front of my rock for the world to see. And having it pull my clowns out of the corner (they are all over the tank, but back in the corner at night).

20150107_183454_zps199237f5.jpg

Be careful what you wish for or you could end up with a nem hogging 1/4 of your tank and shading another fourth and stinging tentacles that kill anything in reach except the clowns! Lol, as you can see that is what happened to me and I eventually re-homed my nem.

charnelhouse

20150107_183454_zps199237f5.jpg

Be careful what you wish for or you could end up with a nem hogging 1/4 of your tank and shading another fourth and stinging tentacles that kill anything in reach except the clowns! Lol, as you can see that is what happened to me and I eventually re-homed my nem.

I wouldn't mind dedicating the entire large rock to the 'nem in all honesty :)

It's a waiting game now though to see if it adjusts and where it wants to live. Sigh.

charnelhouse

That anemone is fantastic

Thanks, assuming you're talking about mine and not vlangel's.. ;)

Currently it is fantastically hidden... making me feel anxious, but I'm trying to maintain...

Archived