Coral Vue Hydros

Pink streaked wrasse (pelvic spot wrasse)

smeagol108

smeagol108

Finally got one of these last night for my six gallon edge. Been on lists at a bunch of lfs's and one called yesterday that they got one in. I was so excited so I went and grabbed it last night and am now worried that maybe I should have let him acclimate a few days at fish store before switching him to new water at my house again. Anyways brought him home, acclimated with drip for about an hour or more. He is in the tank now but is chilling have wedged into a rock head first. Can't see his face just his tail, and am worried he may not be okay. I know there is nothing I can do, just wonder what others experienced when introducing this fish to a tank? Will it stay in a rock like that for a while? The only other habitants are a flaming prawn goby and two very shy highfin gobies. So excited to finally have one of these fish and I hope he does alright!

Does it look like there is a mucus spider web casing around him? I have a six line wrasse and when he sleeps he builds a web like mucus net around him and stays very still (although his eyes are sometimes moving). Sometimes with his head wedged in between a rock. Could this be what is happening? I don't know if all wrasse sleep like this or just certain species...

smeagol108

Does it look like there is a mucus spider web casing around him? I have a six line wrasse and when he sleeps he builds a web like mucus net around him and stays very still (although his eyes are sometimes moving). Sometimes with his head wedged in between a rock. Could this be what is happening? I don't know if all wrasse sleep like this or just certain species...

Wow!! This is exactly what it looked like. That was the main reason I was concerned as I saw mucous/stringy webbing around the fish and in the water around him when I looked at him with lights off this morning. Very helpful info knowing this is normal. To me it seemed like they type of thing that you would see had a fish died, mucous stringy stuff. I feel much better knowing that your six lines do this when sleeping.

smeagol108

thought I would report the wrasse appears to be doing awesome. came home from work yesterday and he was swimming all over murdering pods. than watched him go to sleep and make his little mucous cacoon. very cool to see and a strange behavior I was never aware of previously.

so glad I finally have this fish, it completes the tank as now there is something that swims to go along with the gobies.

Archived