Innovative Marine Aquariums

Heatsink housing

Reefkid88

Does anyone know of anyone in the states has a heatsink that looks remotely close to AquaStyles ?

For anyone whom doesn't know what they look like:

16.5cmx6cmx31cm-2-_zps4dpb3xl3.jpg

16.5cmx6cmx31cm-4-_zpshrzc0baj.jpg

Just aquastyle as far as I know

Damn,that sucks. I love these heatsinks. I've been searching all damn night for something similar and can't lol.

Damn,that sucks. I love the loo

I think I've been bit by the diy bug again. I was just looking at these too.

They're sexy right ? I've wanted one for so long.

Those are super nice,but damn that's expensive.

The only next thing I can find is this:

_57_zpsih0uli1o.jpg

T2eC16FzQE9s3sqJqLBSB03vQeMg--60_12_zpsr

I wanted to use something like this.

AWH-6342-LED-high-power-washwall-light-h

Where the hell did you find that ? I wish they came in something like 2.5"-3" or so wide so you can do clusters.

I prefer to look at things like asis when wanting a unibody.

I love the look of their heatsinks too,but the price for a "budget" light,just isn't there with the prices.

Where the hell did you find that ? I wish they came in something like 2.5"-3" or so wide so you can do clusters.

A few nights ago at like 3am I was looking for heatsinks and googled led heatsinks and it came up.

I love the look of their heatsinks too,but the price for a "budget" light,just isn't there with the prices.

Exactly how I feel. I want to go the diy route again with v3 pucks but if I was to use an asis heatsink Id might aswell spend the extra money and have Dave build me a light.

A few nights ago at like 3am I was looking for heatsinks and googled led heatsinks and it came up.

I see they come in black too,which is sleek. I saw this one too,it just sucks they are 1" wide....

http://www.diytrade.com/china/pd/11550871/Aluminum_led_profile_with_frosted_cover.html#normal_img

So true though... And buy budget,I mean like under $200 for the whole light.. Right now at led,drivers,controller cost I only at $135... So $80 or more for a heatsink is just not in the equation.

That enclosure I had from Rapid was nice for the price.

You had the premium one right ? $40 isn't all that bad. I take it you got rid of that one already ?

You kids and your cheap DIY lights. I always go big and expensive even when I cut costs.

I usually design lights with a minimum cost of $300.

I haven't been a kid for a long time. Not everyone can afford a $100 heatsink. They're nice and look great but not feasible for everyone.

Me either I just got used to saying things like that when I realized half the people I work with are 8 years younger than me. >.>

I hear you there man. I remember the first time I referred to an 18-20 year old as a kid. Makes me realize how old I've gotten.

blasterman

The Kicker for me is the Asis and RapidLED sinks have much thicker baseplates, and this means far better heat distribution. Some of the sinks listed here have pretty thin bases, and based on past experience working with the same thickness aluminum rail (local foundry in town sells it for dirt cheap) you need constant airflow on it to stay out of trouble.

Then again I rarely use 3watt LED's anymore.

You really get what you pay for. I would say save up two weeks more and spend the money on a ASIS/CNCREEF heatsink.

Drink two less six packs, one less dinner out and lay off a coral or two. ;)

-Dave

You really get what you pay for. I would say save up two weeks more and spend the money on a ASIS/CNCREEF heatsink.

Drink two less six packs, one less dinner out and lay off a coral or two. ;)

-Dave

Eh,I'm not a beer person anymore lol. But,you always know what to say Dave :D

Archived