ReefCleaners.org

Seller trying to copy lumia 5.2 description from LED Groupbuy

cnoblen

I found myself mindlessly browsing a popular internet auction site earlier today (I think you know which one I am talking about). As I was reading the description for some Chinese made multichip, something struck me as familiar. I then hopped over to LED groupbuy to confirm my suspicion and sure enough found myself reading the exact same text.

Some seller has copied, almost verbatim, the description and part of the FAQs listed on groupbuy's site for the Lumia 5.2 multichip. The item number is 291154121817 if you want to check it out.

I realize that this is my first post here and that there is a good chance that no one will even care. It just kinda ticked me off and I felt I should point it out to those who have actually worked hard to to put that site together and sell quality products. It also shows that you really need to be careful when buying items from places you just can't trust. You never know what you are going to get.

Ok. I am done with my public service announcement.

Have a nice day. :)

Thanks for the post. Things like this happen more and more often. It's hard to sift through cheap crap v quality products. But some of the cheap crap actually works well haha

I am in no way comparing the LEd group buy lumia chips to cheap crap btw.

And welcome to NR!

That is actually the specs for the Lumia 5.1 Reef addition. I have 2 of these over my tank. LEDGroupBuy has pretty much stopped selling that one and replaced it with the 5.2. They do sell the Plant version. This is probably the company that made the chip for LEDGroupBuy and decided to ebay sell them since LEDGroupBuy has moved on to the 5.2 model. The 5.2 are CREE leds at 70w. And the 5.1 are Exotic at 100w.

Archived