Coral Vue Hydros

Polishing reflectors on ATI powermodule?

gus6464

I got a used ATI powermodule which has some reflectors that are in bad shape. Doesn't look from salt creep but rather pink staining. Some have suggested online to use silver polish on the reflectors as they are made using Anolux Miro-Silver sheets?

I found this method online using hot water, baking soda, and foil to convert the stain into silver and then polish it?

http://scifun.chem.wisc.edu/homeexpts/tarnish.html

Did you try this?

I did. While it did not completely clean the reflectors they do look a lot better. I am currently traveling but I will post before and after pictures when I get back. I sent the Powermodule fixture to Dave so he could do his magic and create a pretty insane light.

masterbuilder

I would get new reflectors from ATI or at least check the price. The reflectors are what makes or breaks the fixture.

Spiderguardnano

I read somewhere that clean or dirty reflectos don't. Have any changes on par

Ben might drill me on this but thats what I read

How can they not affect PAR? Any dirt or surface oxidation can and will block light from being redistributed into the tank.

The surface oxidation is actually gone. What remains is stains from salt creep. I took the worst looking reflectors of the bunch to do the test but those are going to be trashed anyway as I only need 6 reflectors because LEDs are going into the other two. I might have to buy 4 reflectors though which is no biggie.

Archived