Innovative Marine Aquariums

Here we go again...

teajay33

So guys, here I am again. I've been super busy with starting my own business (and being poor because of it) so I let my tanks go. Now 5-6 years later I'm ready to get back into this hobby. When I stopped LED lights were just becoming reasonable, nano cube, fluval etc were the popular tanks.

So I guess the question is where do I start? What's new? I guess I'll start back w my 12g nano tank and work my way back up to my 75g. Any lighting suggestions? What are folks using for filtration now? Any other advice or links would be awesome. Thanks:)

Now 5-6 years later I'm ready to get back into this hobby.

Welcome back.

So I guess the question is where do I start? What's new? I guess I'll start back w my 12g nano tank and work my way back up to my 75g. Any lighting suggestions? What are folks using for filtration now? Any other advice or links would be awesome. Thanks:)

There's always something new, but I don't know that anything is really a game changer. What type of 12 gallon tank do you have (AIO, dimensions, sump)?

LEDs have really come a long way...look at Nanobox some some cool stuff. Carbon is still carbon though, and good light and good water equal good tank.

Media Basket, Strip the hood and make rimless, get an LED light (Kessil 160/AI Prime/ NanoBox/Maxspect Nano are the most popular for that size of tank. Whatever additives you want and a powerhead and you should be good!

How much effort is it to strip the hood? Mine has a glass top I kinda like since it keeps gobys from jumping out

Archived