Coral Vue Hydros

My 20 Long Journey

Mom2many

I love your tank and the new additions from KPA are going to be great in it. I am anxious to also place an order with them.

Thank you! Your seahorse tank is amazing. I would love to keep some but dont have the time or energy, so I enjoy watching about yours! I really like ordering from KPA they are wonderful. Have never been disapointed!

• Like 1

Thank you! Your seahorse tank is amazing. I would love to keep some but dont have the time or energy, so I enjoy watching about yours! I really like ordering from KPA they are wonderful. Have never been disapointed!

Thank you for the kind words and I am glad that you can enjoy my seahorses.

• Like 1

Spent the day pestering one of my Rock Flower Anemones. After spending months in the same spot, she decided to go on a walk about and was heading onto rockwork I did not want her on. So I have been gently touching her all day, when I think of it, on the side of the direction I did not want her to continue going. Sigh. They do have a mind of their own. Lights are ramping down for the evening. Wonder where she will be in the morning?

Spent the day pestering one of my Rock Flower Anemones. After spending months in the same spot, she decided to go on a walk about and was heading onto rockwork I did not want her on. So I have been gently touching her all day, when I think of it, on the side of the direction I did not want her to continue going. Sigh. They do have a mind of their own. Lights are ramping down for the evening. Wonder where she will be in the morning?

I dropped a Ricordia onto a RFA by accident and it ate the poor Ricordia :(

It was a really pretty Ric too! Evil RFAs!

• Like 1

I dropped a Ricordia onto a RFA by accident and it ate the poor Ricordia :(

It was a really pretty Ric too! Evil RFAs!

Sorry to hear that. Poor ricordia! Did it happen today while doing your deep clean?

I actually love my RFA's. I would just like them to stay on thier own dedicated rock! The rock she was heading onto has all my favorite sps on it. I have not had mine eat anything they should not eat yet. My sexy shrimp dance on them all day long and so far have not gotten eaten. Though when I do feed them they eat ravenously. I had one cozy up to a candy cane coral and burn one of the heads almost away. I moved it and it has recovered. I also had one burn some area off my green poccillapora.

I am going to have to keep an eye on it tonight with a flash light and keep it going in the right direction. My direction!

Beautiful tank... love those new sponges!

Checked out your tank! Lots of eye candy in there! Very nice!

• Like 2

I am going to have to keep an eye on it tonight with a flash light and keep it going in the right direction. My direction!

Good luck!

PS: I'm glad I'm not one of your kids :lol:

• Like 1

Good luck!

PS: I'm glad I'm not one of your kids :lol:

Thanks! I hope I can persuade her.

And you are actually right...my kids say I am firm but fair. I tend to micromanage a tad bit. :)

• Like 2

Thanks! I hope I can persuade her.

And you are actually right...my kids say I am firm but fair. I tend to micromanage a tad bit. :)

Then you're hitting the sweet spot! I've thought about keeping an eye on my kids with a flashlight to make sure they are heading in the right direction too. Especially when they hit the teenage years ;)

• Like 1

Then you're hitting the sweet spot! I've thought about keeping an eye on my kids with a flashlight to make sure they are heading in the right direction too. Especially when they hit the teenage years ;)

Yes...the teenage years are very tricky! I have spys everywhere!!!! :)

Actually my children are all pretty good by the grace of God. I have been blessed. But we home school so are altogether all the time. We talk alot and I am pretty strict. I have to be with so many children. We have 11. 9 of them are still living at home, ranging in ages 21 years old - 4 months old.

See why I have my little reef tank and dont mind sitting with a flash light proding a RFA!

• Like 4

God knew who to pick when he gave you your job. You sound like you have a whole system, like clockwork and it all works like a well oiled machine. Best of everything to your newest family members!

• Like 1

God knew who to pick when he gave you your job. You sound like you have a whole system, like clockwork and it all works like a well oiled machine. Best of everything to your newest family members!

Thank you so much. I appreciate your kind comments. We are very blessed. We do have to keep a pretty strict routine. Most days do go smoothly. But when it falls apart, it falls apart badly. :) We take in and adopt all special needs and medically fragile children, so when one or two goes in the hospital or a sickness goes through, it is very hard. I also deal with hard behaviors with two of them. That can be really trying and make for some very hard days. .

We are so happy to finally be able to adopt the three foster children that have been living with us. Thank you! We only have one foster now. The four month old. We shall see how her case goes. Once her case is over with we will close our home to fostering and just move forward with all the children we have adopted now. Unless God has other plans. God is so good to us, always, but I am getting older to adopt infants. I also really have found I like sleep. :)

• Like 1

Here is the Left Island in my tank.

172_zpshpuecc82.jpg

It is made up of three large rocks. The middle tall one. A rock laying in its side and pushed up next to it on the right and a smaller rock pushed up against the tall one on the left. You can see better from the back, that the left rock, it is barely touching the tall rock.

180_zpsguymep5h.jpg

From the front view you cant tell that they are barely connected.

I have it positioned that way to try to keep the RFA's on it and they only have a very small bridge to escape onto the tall rock in the middle. I know they can travel across the sand and such but I am just trying to keep the odds in my favor.

Until yester day...

The red/orange RFA is the offender that I have been trying to encourage to stay on the left rock that is pretty much designated for RFA's.

169_zpsr12fokw8.jpg

The green poccillapora is the bridge to the tall part of this island and that nem was all the way across the underside of it yesterday! I have been gently proding it every chance I had all day yesterday and into the night to get it moving back onto its rock. The above picture is where it is now. Off the bridge and back onto the rock. Much better but still to close for comfort. :)

Our tanks can be such an enjoyable hobby but I never thought I would ever spend my days herding nems. :)

• Like 3

I really hated when they moved! I hope it stops for you :).

Thanks. I just checked it and it is going in the wrong direction again. Grrrrrr. Its like playing chess with an anemone!

• Like 2

Oh my gosh. What an analogy. Mine move a little but mostly on the rock they're already on. That's why I really can't wait to have them all in their own tank again.

• Like 1

Oh my gosh. What an analogy. Mine move a little but mostly on the rock they're already on. That's why I really can't wait to have them all in their own tank again.

I am thinking about starting up a 10 gallon tank in my bedroom once our youngest and crib is old enough to be in another room. I would like to put mostly RFA's in there and hopefully not have this issue. So far they have behaved quite well. I guess this one just decided to go and explore!

• Like 2

I am thinking about starting up a 10 gallon tank in my bedroom once our youngest and crib is old enough to be in another room. I would like to put mostly RFA's in there and hopefully not have this issue. So far they have behaved quite well. I guess this one just decided to go and explore!

Another tank :).
  • Like 1

Another tank :).

Yes, I know...It is just a thought bouncing around in the back of my mind. I dont know if I will ever do it. I like the ease of the one I have now and small amount of water I have to make up each week. BUT...It would be nice to have another small one in my room down the road. Also for any frags to grow out and such. I dont like things just sitting around in my tank or in my sand bed. So to have another little tank ,to put things in I want to hold to take to a fish store or grow out to put in my 20 Long would be nice.

• Like 3