Coral Vue Hydros

Is bulk reef supply worth it you decide

aquaman275

I've been using BRS (amongst others) since I started this hobby and, to be honest, have never read the terms and conditions so I was surprised to see that defective product has to go to the manufacturer. I would have incorrectly assumed that I would deal with the company I bought it from but I do see how dealing with the manufacturer makes some sense.

On the rare occasions when I have had a problem with an order from BRS they have been extremely helpful in putting things right. I will certainly continue to buy from them.

Almost any issue on vital pieces of equipment (skimmer, pumps, chillers) are dealt with the manufacturer. Our hobby doesn't operate like walmart or target. The manufacturers seem to keep close eatch on their items from pricing to repair.

So you are saying it isn't good customer service since their policy states if it is broken to directly contact the manufacturer? If it was a return they surely would have taken it. I don't know a single person at BRS but I've had nothing but great experiences with them.

Retail standard is to accept returns on bum hardware and the retailer works on their end to recoup that from the manufacturer. That's just part of the game. You deviate from what customers know as the norm, then you're going to get some understandable flak from your now former customer.

Retail standard is to accept returns on bum hardware and the retailer works on their end to recoup that from the manufacturer. That's just part of the game. You deviate from what customers know as the norm, then you're going to get some understandable flak from your now former customer.

You clearly haven't purchased a high value item. 95% of them come with a notice that states "Do NOT return to store. Contact customer service." This is a clear buyers remorse situation.

Brick and mortar yes

Internet NO, and hasn't been for some time.

This is standard with almost all vendors here. It's cheaper, so much faster and much more direct for the end user. Most manufacturers don't want you contacting the retailer, they are clueless on how to troubleshoot effectively. Plus with wholesale all products are not purchased directly from a manufacture by the retailer.

I think the underlying problem here is people seem to have conditioned themselves to think that customer service means bending over backwards for the customers tiniest whim regardless of policy or procedures.

valeriebrs

I'm not going to give to many details just a few facts. Bought a high priced chiller from them and for unseen circumstances was unable to install for 16 days it did not work at all the 16 days is two days after there return time ( it is 14 days) called customer service and was told I had to send the chiller to manufacture for repair. I explained my situation and it fell on deaf ears. Now they have my money and I have no chiller for at least three weeks. Giving it was only two days you would think they would have worked with me a little. So please check the policy's of the company before buying from them. I've check marine depot and dr fosters and smith they are far superior to bulk reef supply. Marine depot and dr fosters and smiths customer service is far superior to them as well. If you've had good experiences with them I'm glad for you don't bash me like they have done on other forums totally fueled by brs.

Hey Aquaman275, I’m really sorry you’re not satisfied with the chiller you purchased. We are more than happy to accept the return of unused products within 30 days of purchase, and also the return of nonfunctional products or products under warranty within 14 days. You can learn more about these policies here:

http://www.bulkreefsupply.com/customer-center/customer-service/returns-replacements

That said we are absolutely dedicated to get your chiller up and running. We will happily work with you and the manufacturer to get this issue resolved. Please PM me, email us at support@bulkreefsupply.com, or call us at 763.432.9691 so that we can help facilitate the warranty repair and get you taken care of. :)

You clearly haven't purchased a high value item. 95% of them come with a notice that states "Do NOT return to store. Contact customer service." This is a clear buyers remorse situation.

Brick and mortar yes

Internet NO, and hasn't been for some time.

This is standard with almost all vendors here. It's cheaper, so much faster and much more direct for the end user. Most manufacturers don't want you contacting the retailer, they are clueless on how to troubleshoot effectively. Plus with wholesale all products are not purchased directly from a manufacture by the retailer.

I think the underlying problem here is people seem to have conditioned themselves to think that customer service means bending over backwards for the customers tiniest whim regardless of policy or procedures.

So much yes in these statements. So many people act like the company/business should just give them what they want, regardless of the reason, and spend their time and money fixing it, rather than the customer actually reading the company policies and acting like a mature adult and simply doing it themselves. Heaven forbid you actually educate yourself on return policies before purchasing expensive items, and heaven forbid you actually have to put in some leg work to get it fixed. It's not like BRS doesn't provide the information for their policies OR for the manufacturer contacts.

You can write an email to BRS, get their response, and you have the time/ability to write a post on a forum on the internet to complain but you you have no time/ability to call or write an email to the manufacturer (as stated by BRS to do) who would be able to help you? It seems like one of these leads to nothing but bitching and the other one actually might solve the problem...

Hey Aquaman275, I’m really sorry you’re not satisfied with the chiller you purchased. We are more than happy to accept the return of unused products within 30 days of purchase, and also the return of nonfunctional products or products under warranty within 14 days. You can learn more about these policies here:

http://www.bulkreefsupply.com/customer-center/customer-service/returns-replacements

That said we are absolutely dedicated to get your chiller up and running. We will happily work with you and the manufacturer to get this issue resolved. Please PM me, email us at support@bulkreefsupply.com, or call us at 763.432.9691 so that we can help facilitate the warranty repair and get you taken care of. :)

And BRS with the awesome customer service, yet again. Love me some BRS.

aquaman275

That said we are absolutely dedicated to get your chiller up and running. We will happily work with you and the manufacturer to get this issue resolved. Please PM me, email us at support@bulkreefsupply.com, or call us at 763.432.9691 so that we can help facilitate the warranty repair and get you taken care of. :) [/size]

I'm In contact with and shipped the unit back to the manufacture and hopefully this will be resolved in a timely manner.

valeriebrs

I'm In contact with and shipped the unit back to the manufacture and hopefully this will be resolved in a timely manner.

Great! Just give us a call if there is anything we can help you with: 763-432-9691.

CrazyEyes

This is why I feel spoiled having so many awesome stores around me. Nothing against BRS, MD or any other online retailers but it's so much easier to walk in and buy it or have them order it for you. Glad BRS stepped up and proved again they are here to please.

reefernanoman

I bought an MP10 from Intank that was defective right out of the box and I didn't go blaming Intank for it. I explained to Stevie what happened and he told me that I would have to speak to Ecotech, who sent me a replacement right away. So there you go. I didn't go bashing a company without having an argument that could be won or having a base for it. Just my 2 cents.

Thanks, sorry to hear the vortech sucked out of the box and glad they took care of you. Which we knew they would before we sent you to their expert support staff.

EcoTech is a perfect example of manufacturer's that require retailers to have their end users contact them directly. That goes for the MD to BRS to the inTank's. Heck as a manufacture we (inTank) require end users to contact us. CSR's are great but they didn't spend years designing a specific product like we did. Plus making the end user pay for return and replacement shipping isn't fair on both parties via Internet sales.

I can understand the OP's position, but I take exception to disparaging remarks about customer service at BRS.

At BRS Customer Service goes beyond accepting returns (according to their stated policy). They produce,an extensive video library to help us understand how to operate equipment, as well as on how to keep our reef tanks healthy. They also provide a set of calculators making it easy to adjust levels of Alk, Calcium, Magnesium. — Not to knock them, but to the best of my knowledge, neither Marine Depot nor Foster and Smith provide such services to their customers.

When considering all they do for customers, Bulk Reef Supply has great Customer Service.

HarryPotter

I really like the prices and quality of BRS products, such as their media reactors. My LFS always price matches them though, so I buy most equipment from the LFS or have them order it for me.

Although I do not typically purchase anything from Marine Depot other than when they have nice sales that the LFS does not match, I do love their videos such as the "Does it fit- JBJ RL-45 version" which helped me put my tank together.

Archived