Cultivated Reef

What settings do you have for your SPS?

Jiinx

Hi there,

I have a lovely TIDE controlled by a Storm on my 20 G IM tank. I'm starting to get into SPS and wanting to know what works best for SPS under this light.

Thanks for your help!

sarah

jedimasterben

Whatever you have it set to will work best for SPS (and all other corals) so long as you have acclimated them to the light properly and are giving enough intensity. Anything else (such as color) is completely up to you, 100% personal preference. :)

DaveFason

Hi there,

I have a lovely TIDE controlled by a Storm on my 20 G IM tank. I'm starting to get into SPS and wanting to know what works best for SPS under this light.

Thanks for your help!

sarah

What type of SPS are you looking into? If this is your first start with something a little easier. Montis, birds nest, pocci. Keep them more focused in the middle and see how it goes. How old is the tank as well?

Whatever you have it set to will work best for SPS (and all other corals) so long as you have acclimated them to the light properly and are giving enough intensity. Anything else (such as color) is completely up to you, 100% personal preference. :)

Well, that's what I'm worried about - I don't know if I'm giving them enough intensity. I just put my settings at what Dave's recommendations are in the Storm Module he posted :)

What type of SPS are you looking into? If this is your first start with something a little easier. Montis, birds nest, pocci. Keep them more focused in the middle and see how it goes. How old is the tank as well?

I'm keeping:

-RR Banana Split

-RR Golden Nugget

-RR Wolverine

RR Candy Apple Mille

RR Tierra Del Fuego

IMG_8622_zpsetkjhlk9.jpg

I will let you know when I can keep one alive <_<

haha...um good luck? :) What happened? why did it die? You've got me nervous...

And just to show off my ruby red...

IMG_8628_zps3cpwpczd.jpg

IMG_8625_zpsi9osuqvv.jpg

I know I'm biased, but this must be the most beautiful fish on Earth. I love them!

IMG_8630_zpshfgulkkk.jpg

oops I'm off centre. :blink:

not my first:) I had a 75 g for a year and upgrading to a 120g. I had many SP's under t5..just first time under LEDs so a bit worried about them lacking intensity.

Archived