inTank Media Baskets

JMcollins24. DEADBEAT

Brooklynreefer

Brooklynreefer

Sold him a ghost skimmer about a month ago and he praised me for sending it in a timely fashion and even write up a good review on here

All of a sudden I get a notice from PayPal that he'd issued a chargeback

I've tried speaking with him several times to no avail.

Why would he just talk to me here privately first if he had any sort of issue

I'd be more than happy to help

BAD BAD buyer

12_egg_Omelette

That sucks. I know a couple people that this has happen too. In fact I use to run a forum and have some advice if you want to PM me.

Sold him a ghost skimmer about a month ago and he praised me for sending it in a timely fashion and even write up a good review on here

All of a sudden I get a notice from PayPal that he'd issued a chargeback

I've tried speaking with him several times to no avail.

Why would he just talk to me here privately first if he had any sort of issue

I'd be more than happy to help

BAD BAD buyer

what was the reason? did you keep proof of delivery?

Brooklynreefer

what was the reason? did you keep proof of delivery?

of course i did

didn't state the reason

i have the convo between us saved in my messages on here....

he was happy with it and said it worked well which it did

i don't get it unless he's just trying to rip me off

• photo-thumb-71473.jpg?_r=1381971339
  • Members
  • 455 posts
  • Joined 28 Dec 2011
  • The Sunshine State

Thanks again for the skimmer! The packaging was great! Pleasure doing business with ya!

Sent 4 weeks ago

Nano Reefer

• photo-thumb-87274.jpg?_r=1424274072
  • Members
  • 36 posts
  • Joined 14 Feb 2015
  • Spread love it's the Brooklyn way
Welcome.....don't forget to leave feedback in the vendor and trader section please!!
A8SKah
Sent 4 weeks ago

JMC24

• photo-thumb-71473.jpg?_r=1381971339
  • Members
  • 455 posts
  • Joined 28 Dec 2011
  • The Sunshine State

All set! Have a nice weekend!

Sent A week ago

Nano Reefer

• photo-thumb-87274.jpg?_r=1424274072
  • Members
  • 36 posts
  • Joined 14 Feb 2015
  • Spread love it's the Brooklyn way
Why didnyounopen a chargeback on this transaction??!
A8SKah
You cannot reply

All other recipients have left this conversation

wow what a dirt bag. paypal will give you the chance to make your side of the case. he has to give a reason to them to get his money back

12_egg_Omelette

They can simply state it wasn't them who made the transaction. The first step would be to contact PayPal, contact your bank and then contact police. Wire fraud.

• Like 1

They have to give a reason on the chargeback

Most likely with inbound delivery confirmation if this deadbeat is not satisfied they must ship back before PayPal would side with them, and provide POD back to you.

They can simply state it wasn't them who made the transaction. The first step would be to contact PayPal, contact your bank and then contact police. Wire fraud.

You're covered if you shipped it to the address on the PayPal invoice. No need for any of that.

Posted in his tank thread asking why he would do such a thing? I hate scammers man. Someone did this to me when the PS3 first game out. I bought one. Sold it on eBay. Dude claimed he didn't buy it and even though I had all the tracking info provided to him and his address paypal gave him the money back and I was out the unit. Not a thing I could do.

• Like 2
12_egg_Omelette

Agreed with on what braap said, I think there might be a difference between a true merchant and also sales done from person to person. The situations I've been involved with her been someone claiming they never received the product that was shipped, or that their child/family/friend ordered and item who was not an authorized user of the card and PayPal reversed it. Turns out the person was doing it to multiple people on multiple forums. Keep in mind these situations have been over 6 years ago so their policies might have changed.

I hope that things can get resolved in a positive manner.

Posted in his tank thread asking why he would do such a thing? I hate scammers man. Someone did this to me when the PS3 first game out. I bought one. Sold it on eBay. Dude claimed he didn't buy it and even though I had all the tracking info provided to him and his address paypal gave him the money back and I was out the unit. Not a thing I could do.

They have to give a reason on the chargeback

Most likely with inbound delivery confirmation if this deadbeat is not satisfied they must ship back before PayPal would side with them, and provide POD back to you.
You're covered if you shipped it to the address on the PayPal invoice. No need for any of that.

Brooklynreefer

Well

Just got this from PayPal

Guess they didn't see things my way

Fml

Dear Brooklynreefer

As you know, one of your buyers opened a chargeback with their credit card issuer. This means that the buyer has asked their card issuer to reverse the money for this transaction.

We want to help you fight this chargeback, and are disputing it with your buyers credit card issuer.

Here are the details of this case:

Buyer's name: Joshua Collins

Buyer's email: josh.m.collins24@gmail.com

Buyer's transaction ID: 54873926LR874712F

Your transaction ID: 1R1050686P3399138

Transaction date: March 30, 2015

Transaction amount: $80.00 USD

Disputed amount: $80.00 USD

The dispute amount has now been debited from your PayPal account because of the following reason(s):

This chargeback type was not covered under Seller Protection.

In addition, you have been debited a chargeback fee.

If the credit card issuer decides the case in your favor, we will notify you that the payment will be returned to your PayPal account.

We understand that you may not have been expecting this chargeback. If this chargeback has made your PayPal account balance negative, please log in to your PayPal account and add money to your PayPal balance.

We'll email you if we need any further information from you.

Thank you for your patience during this process. We appreciate your business.

You can find additional information and tips about buying and selling safely at our Business Resource Center.

Sincerely,

PayPal

Copyright © 1999-2015 PayPal. All rights reserved.

PayPal PPC000142:643505a2d52ef

Had similar issue when I sold some HO train stuff bout 10 years ago on eBay.

Sold something, shipped, and I'm guessing it was received cause I got a positive comment from the buyer.

Week later there was a charge-back with no reason and the item was not returned.

I fought it and fought it but I didn't stand a chance!

The last few things I sold required a check or money order before I'd ship.

Hated to do it but there was no help coming from PayPal if you were a seller.

Sorry that you're going through crap like this.

One or 2 bad apples......

Paypal seriously is the devil. As a seller I like to receive payment as a gift because I know I will ship the item in the condition I've described it. I don't know if the buyer will screw me later. If someone has a good reputation then it isn't an issue but I rarely deal with anyone new to forums. I like them to have been around atleast a month if not more.

• Like 1

IDK how much room you have but I would get in touch with Paypal and explain that the item has not been returned and that you would be happy to fulfill a chargeback once proof of return is provided.

Credit Card chargebacks are almost impossible to win. The CC company always sides with their "customer" even if they are lying.

Yet was this not a paypal confirmed transaction? As in you sent him an invoice, he paid with whatever method he pays with, but that should be confirmed with PayPal. Is the transaction ID not look like this?

ok%20to%20ship.jpg

or this

ok%20not%20to%20ship.jpg

Even with a CC chargeback I know I'm covered with the 1st picture if I ship to that address. May be different for a non merchant but IMO shouldn't be.

• Like 3

I really do not understand this at all. What is the point of seller protection???

This is right off of Paypal's website:

What isn’t covered by Seller Protection?

Seller Protection offers coverage for most PayPal transactions, as long as they follow the requirements explained in the previous sections. However, there are also some instances where Seller Protection doesn’t apply:

1. Claims, chargebacks, or reversals that are filed because the item is significantly different from how you described it – for example, if you described a new item but sent a used one.

So the way I see it, if you had seller protection on this transaction, the only way this makes sense is that the buyer is saying that it is different that what you described it to be. IF that is the case, I would be livid on the phone with paypal right now as you have confirmation from the buyer that they received it and that it was what they intended to buy and receive!!!

Stevie posted a great image - thanks for that. Why weren't you covered by seller protection?

Credit Card chargebacks are almost impossible to win. The CC company always sides with their "customer" even if they are lying.

Yet was this not a paypal confirmed transaction? As in you sent him an invoice, he paid with whatever method he pays with, but that should be confirmed with PayPal. Is the transaction ID not look like this?

ok%20to%20ship.jpg

or this

ok%20not%20to%20ship.jpg

Even with a CC chargeback I know I'm covered with the 1st picture if I ship to that address. May be different for a non merchant but IMO shouldn't be.

What differentiates between these two?

I think the file was initiated by his bank. The bank pulled the money from PayPal so PayPal pulled it from him.

So stupid. You would think they would just keep the transaction in limbo until they came to a resolution. I would leave it as a negative balance until they said that you would be responsible and got my product returned.

• Like 1