Pod Your Reef

Braaap's Reef - New pics page 18 2/5/17

braaap

HarryPotter

Stand progressing nicely. Have all of the equipment except the return pump at this point. Still waiting on the tank to be completed.

stand_zps9gqsd8i1.jpg

VERY nice. The left side is the electronics cabinet? I wish I thought of a shallow area like that for mounting :)

Looking at your stand, a opaque acrylic sheet comes to mind as a covering. What do you think of that? Or are you going to use pine or something?

VERY nice. The left side is the electronics cabinet? I wish I thought of a shallow area like that for mounting :)

Looking at your stand, a opaque acrylic sheet comes to mind as a covering. What do you think of that? Or are you going to use pine or something?

Yes the left compartment will be all electronics. The front will be 2 doors made out of hardwood ply trimmed out with lattice to match the rest of our furniture we have built in the basement.

HarryPotter

Yes the left compartment will be all electronics. The front will be 2 doors made out of hardwood ply trimmed out with lattice to match the rest of our furniture we have built in the basement.

Nice! I am going to attempt to build a stand for a 2x4 flood tray/frag tank this summer, and will consult your expertise! (Ive never made a stand, but have some experience with balsa (Modeling) and replacing rotten boards.

• 2 weeks later...

Stand update from last week.

stand1_zpshvezygzv.jpg

stand_zps8p0rmxx6.jpg

Got these beautiful cable management devices today!

cable_zpsldfyayaj.jpg

They will be used to keep the compartment for the electronics air and water tight from the sump compartment. That way very little chance of corrosion on electrical devices.

• Like 3

Hey Braap do you really think the Radion Pro will be enough for 36"? Mine leaves dark edges past 24" :(

Radion Pro only gives you 200 more par but the form factor is the same. So you won't gain any more usable light past the edges just in the center. I have 2 Gen 2 Radions with wide angle for this tank.

Cencalfishguy56

Radion Pro only gives you 200 more par but the form factor is the same. So you won't gain any more usable light past the edges just in the center. I have 2 Gen 2 Radions with wide angle for this tank.

Radions are for chumps ;)

Steensj2004

Stand update from last week.

stand1_zpshvezygzv.jpg

stand_zps8p0rmxx6.jpg

Got these beautiful cable management devices today!

cable_zpsldfyayaj.jpg

They will be used to keep the compartment for the electronics air and water tight from the sump compartment. That way very little chance of corrosion on electrical devices.

You should really consider building stands to sell, excellent work!

You should really consider building stands to sell, excellent work!

Thanks! If I didn't have 800 other items on my "Honey Do List" I would consider it. I had to push off some projects to do something for myself for once. I'm actually really enjoying it.

• Like 1

Hey Braap do you really think the Radion Pro will be enough for 36"? Mine leaves dark edges past 24" :(

I believe if you get the wide angle lenses then it will boost the coverage up to 36" x 36".

HarryPotter

I believe if you get the wide angle lenses then it will boost the coverage up to 36" x 36".

Yeah I'm looking around for a pair of them- just can't find them local or for trade.

In a week or two maybe I can get it- need to sell my MP10.

Yeah I'm looking around for a pair of them- just can't find them local or for trade.

I saw someone selling a radion with the lenses here a little while ago but I don't know if they're still up for sale or even willing to part out. You may just be better off buying them new once you get the fixture. The tank looks great so far. I made mine in a similar fashion (1x3s and 1x4s and pocket holes) but I didn't include the vertical strut in the front. What size sump are you planning on putting in there and how are you going to get it in there? haha. I thought about adding a front strut but since I only have a 20 long display, it really wasn't necessary.

A pair of lenses or another Radion? The lenses are $35 just buy them.

I saw someone selling a radion with the lenses here a little while ago but I don't know if they're still up for sale or even willing to part out. You may just be better off buying them new once you get the fixture. The tank looks great so far. I made mine in a similar fashion (1x3s and 1x4s and pocket holes) but I didn't include the vertical strut in the front. What size sump are you planning on putting in there and how are you going to get it in there? haha. I thought about adding a front strut but since I only have a 20 long display, it really wasn't necessary.

I have a Trigger Ruby 30s. The center brace is removable as is the electronics compartment wall. Obviously I'll put it in through the right side door before I place the tank and stand but if I have to remove it while the tank is full I just take apart that compartment wall and slide it out.

HarryPotter

A pair of lenses or another Radion? The lenses are $35 just buy them.

I have a Trigger Ruby 30s. The center brace is removable as is the electronics compartment wall. Obviously I'll put it in through the right side door before I place the tank and stand but if I have to remove it while the tank is full I just take apart that compartment wall and slide it out.

Just lenses. I dont have $35 to spare at the second since I bought a coral package from Glenn earlier- coming tomorrow! omgomgomg

Just lenses. I dont have $35 to spare at the second since I bought a coral package from Glenn earlier- coming tomorrow! omgomgomg

One of the Radions I bought had 1 wide and one regular lens. So now I have to order another set of wide lenses. Ugh.

And now I have a genius idea. See if they will sell me an XR15 Wide lens. Should be the same and might save me a few bucks. haha

jedimasterben

One of the Radions I bought had 1 wide and one regular lens. So now I have to order another set of wide lenses. Ugh.

And now I have a genius idea. See if they will sell me an XR15 Wide lens. Should be the same and might save me a few bucks. haha

The problem is that the XR15 comes stock with the wide lens so it isn't an upgrade, but maybe tell them that you dropped it and it hit something on the floor and cracked the lens. :)

cable_zpsldfyayaj.jpg

Also, I need deets on these. :D

The problem is that the XR15 comes stock with the wide lens so it isn't an upgrade, but maybe tell them that you dropped it and it hit something on the floor and cracked the lens. :)

Also, I need deets on these. :D

I'm not one to lie so I paid the $15 and they sold me 1. Not bad at all. haha

I gave you details didn't in the lounge didn't I? If not CLICK.

YESSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!

6/21/15 FTS

tank_zpsnmhw2aes.jpg

• Like 6

I'm not one to lie so I paid the $15 and they sold me 1. Not bad at all. haha

I gave you details didn't in the lounge didn't I? If not CLICK.

YESSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!

6/21/15 FTS

tank_zpsnmhw2aes.jpg

This looks friggin awesome braaap
  • Like 4

This looks friggin awesome braaap

Thanks! I'm so pumped. Gotta finish the stand Monday and Tuesday and hopefully have new carpet installed late this week. This tank could potentially be wet this weekend but probably the following.

Wow, that stand is beautiful!!! Really nice work.

BTW the stand is a cream color. NOT stark white haha.

• Like 3

Thanks! I'm so pumped. Gotta finish the stand Monday and Tuesday and hopefully have new carpet installed late this week. This tank could potentially be wet this weekend but probably the following.

BTW the stand is a cream color. NOT stark white haha.

Oh yea can't wait to see the finished deal

• Like 1