Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

mandarin not eating in QT, Ich in display. What to do?

lkoechle

So i have ich in my display. I have moved everyone to qt. I have lost two fish from this process (one from accidentally overdosing meds, and my male mandarin from ich and stress). My big fish/more aggressive eaters are in a 55 gallon and my remaining female mandy is in a 5.5 gallon. My male who died was eating prepared foods. My female was sold to me as eating prepared, but i have never seen her eat anything other then pods.

It has been a week and i have purchased pods for her but she isn't picking at anything. She mainly stays hidden in the hidey hole. I am worried for her. She has a great personality and I really do not want to lose this fish. I have at least 3 more weeks before i can move anyone back into my display.

I have been reading stuff saying that mandys are very disease resistant, but I know my male died from ich. But I have still been toying with the idea of putting her back. Its hard to watch her not eat and yet have pods covering the glass of my display.

Tell me this is a bad idea and what other things I can try (i have tried live pods, articpods, live black worms, mysis, and pellets. If i can get there, i plan on picking up some live brine shrimp today)

if she doesn't respond to anything and doesn't have ick, try taking her back to the pet store and have them hold her for you if possible.

if she doesn't respond to anything and doesn't have ick, try taking her back to the pet store and have them hold her for you if possible.

I didn't purchase her from a store. A guy in my local reef club had an unexpected job transfer and had to offload his 120 in a weekend.

Archived