SaltCritters.com

Blue Scroll FS

Squared

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Interested in some of that blue scroll as well. I'm in los angeles if that helps! lol

interested in the blue scroll and dragons breath shipping is 43085 columbus Ohio thanks

i will get back to you people as soon as i get my tank and inbox in order.

JoeDigiorgio

Is it doable to have blue scroll attach to my back glass and grow like that? Looking for something to create sort of a wall carpet.

you mean you want it to grow flat against the glass? i don't think it will do that, it grows in a way that the most surface area is exposed to direct light. you could glue it to the back of your tank and it would grow, but not sure if it will in the way that you want..

JoeDigiorgio

you mean you want it to grow flat against the glass? i don't think it will do that, it grows in a way that the most surface area is exposed to direct light. you could glue it to the back of your tank and it would grow, but not sure if it will in the way that you want..

No no I'm aware that it'll direct it's plates to the light, just wasn't sure if it was a type of macro that would attach and spread.

My idea is to place a piece of egg crate flush against my back glass with some type of macro tied to it and allow it to cover the egg crate, creating the illusion that the back glass was a wall of macros. I want to pick a single species to do this with and I'm having trouble deciding. Red titan seems to be the best choice at this time. Any suggestions?

No no I'm aware that it'll direct it's plates to the light, just wasn't sure if it was a type of macro that would attach and spread.

My idea is to place a piece of egg crate flush against my back glass with some type of macro tied to it and allow it to cover the egg crate, creating the illusion that the back glass was a wall of macros. I want to pick a single species to do this with and I'm having trouble deciding. Red titan seems to be the best choice at this time. Any suggestions?

i have no idea...what about some gsp? can't wrong with that, at least when it comes to covering things.

JoeDigiorgio

No I specifically want it to be macroalgae so it can harbor as much bugs as possible...amphipods, shrimp etc.

That is a really cool idea! I have some plain brown scroll algae in my frag tank. Now, this is obviously growing parallel to the egg crate, but it is kinda molded to the shape of the rack so you can still see the pattern of the egg crate. Where the scroll juts out into open water though is pretty.

Caulerpa of any type could take over that back wall in no time flat... but then it would probably want to take over the rest of your tank as well. Spiny seaweed (Ancanthophora spicifera) may work well. Hypnea/Octodes would be cool and different.

JoeDigiorgio

That is a really cool idea! I have some plain brown scroll algae in my frag tank. Now, this is obviously growing parallel to the egg crate, but it is kinda molded to the shape of the rack so you can still see the pattern of the egg crate. Where the scroll juts out into open water though is pretty.

Caulerpa of any type could take over that back wall in no time flat... but then it would probably want to take over the rest of your tank as well. Spiny seaweed (Ancanthophora spicifera) may work well. Hypnea/Octodes would be cool and different.

I'm going to look into A spicifera. Thank you!

Ochtodes and hypnea are hard to come by in my area and I've had terrible luck with having them shipped because it's so hot here. I have a caulerpa carpet coming along in this tank, caulerpa prolifera. I wanted something to contrast it against the back. Caulerpa would work here but wouldn't stay against the crate, like you said. It would be trying to reach out everywhere.

I would like to get in line for some scroll as well. Ill pay the shipping no prob. Thanks.

noted

My scroll is doing well.. but any clue why its doing this?

woah, that's pretty cool. my guess is probably light. i noticed that pieces i kept in a breeder box at the surface of the water started getting frilly. i've always kept it at the bottom of my 29 (18" tall), under 2 T5HOs.

Ordered both macros, recieved them yesterday! They are gorgeous, generous pieces! Thanks so much!

To anyone interested in ordering, don't hesitate! Fanstatic seller, excellent packaging ans shipping, and beautiful macros!

have both still! going to be re-scaping my tank soon so i need a little more room

also, for a few extra dollars i can throw in some c. caulerpa and portiera since that's started growing in well now

will do this since I need to get rid of some clippings, and would prefer to not throw it away:

For $35 Shipped, I will send you Blue scroll, Dragon's Breath, a 2" clump of cladophora, and a few strands of c. prolifera

cladophora is this grass/turf like stuff, i'll add pics later.

also some trimmings of portiera if you like

Cencalfishguy56

will do this since I need to get rid of some clippings, and would prefer to not throw it away:

For $35 Shipped, I will send you Blue scroll, Dragon's Breath, a 2" clump of cladophora, and a few strands of c. prolifera

cladophora is this grass/turf like stuff, i'll add pics later.

also some trimmings of portiera if you like

Tempting

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived