inTank Media Baskets

Jtgrimes 20 to 110 Gallon Long Rimless Build

jtgrimes

Me too. But this one is a snowflake clown, which when I got him, I loved his pattern.

I hate "designer" clowns. But that little one is gorgeous!

Couple questions. Can you take more pics or the hose connections at the side of the tank and the return pump hose in the sump. What pump did you use for your reactor? Also do you remember the actual sizes of the baffles

What size is that return pump

• Like 1

For some reason Im not getting notifications so I only get these when I check in.

But I can get you some pictures, but in the mean time - my overflow is just a 3/4", my return is 1/2". I am running a jaebo dc3000 which has a max flow of 794GPH - http://www.amazon.com/Jebao-DC-3000-Return-Pump-Aquarium/dp/B00INTDJM6. For my reactor Im just using the mj1200. The baffles I know are 1/4" cut glass and polished. Cant remember the size, it all depends on the size you use.

Couple questions. Can you take more pics or the hose connections at the side of the tank and the return pump hose in the sump. What pump did you use for your reactor? Also do you remember the actual sizes of the baffles
What size is that return pump

Cencalfishguy56

For some reason Im not getting notifications so I only get these when I check in.

But I can get you some pictures, but in the mean time - my overflow is just a 3/4", my return is 1/2". I am running a jaebo dc3000 which has a max flow of 794GPH - http://www.amazon.com/Jebao-DC-3000-Return-Pump-Aquarium/dp/B00INTDJM6. For my reactor Im just using the mj1200. The baffles I know are 1/4" cut glass and polished. Cant remember the size, it all depends on the size you use.

The pump has a controller for flow adjustment doesn't it?

Do you feel like that pump is too much flow.

Asked for you and me both lol tag him or he won't see it

• Like 1

Its a DC pump so it has a controller that comes with it. When it powers up it ramps. You can also control the speed as well via the controller. You can also put a valve on your return line as well if you want to cut it down some and I love flow! ahaa

Do you feel like that pump is too much flow.

The pump has a controller for flow adjustment doesn't it?

Asked for you and me both lol tag him or he won't see it

Cencalfishguy56

Its a DC pump so it has a controller that comes with it. When it powers up it ramps. You can also control the speed as well via the controller. You can also put a valve on your return line as well if you want to cut it down some.

Can you link it to apex and is it quiet? Thinking about this pump or a sicce

I love flow also lol

It is very very quiet. I have mine hooked into the apex. As far as the ramp I just control that through the controller, but I just set it and left it.

Can you link it to apex and is it quiet? Thinking about this pump or a sicce
I love flow also lol

Cencalfishguy56

It is very very quiet. I have mine hooked into the apex. As far as the ramp I just control that through the controller, but I just set it and left it.

Awesome brotha, think I'll pull the trigger on this pump

• Like 1

Its awesome, it was either that or an eheim for me. Decided to go this route and glad I did. You will love it. I might just do a video to show it in action after one of my feed modes or something. :) Because I have my return come on instantly after feed and then everything else comes on after about 2 minutes.

Those Jebao pumps look great but if you look around, there are a lot of people who have trouble with them after about 6-8 months. That's what made me hesitant about buying one myself. Quick question about how you have it set up, you said you had it hooked up to your Apex so does that mean you just have it plugged into one of the outlets on your EB8 and the Apex turns it off and on by shutting off that outlet? If so, does it have any impact on how you have it programmed with the original Jebao controller? I know some things will reset to the default whenever the power to them gets cut.

This s till looks amazing compared to my 20 gallon build. I got it set up last night but the plumbing was leaking. Drained half the tank with LR in it and will have to fix it when I get home after a trip to Lowes :(

• Like 1

I seen these problems too with the older models, not so much with the newer. The pictures on amazon do not reflect the new controller etc. I also plan to buy another one to have for backup, as we all should.

I do have it plugged into my apex and power gets cut to it during feeding, maintenance and or my lower switch gets low due to a overflow clog. When it powers back up it powers back at the same speed it was via the controller. The controller does not seem to loose its memory even after power is loss.

Those Jebao pumps look great but if you look around, there are a lot of people who have trouble with them after about 6-8 months. That's what made me hesitant about buying one myself. Quick question about how you have it set up, you said you had it hooked up to your Apex so does that mean you just have it plugged into one of the outlets on your EB8 and the Apex turns it off and on by shutting off that outlet? If so, does it have any impact on how you have it programmed with the original Jebao controller? I know some things will reset to the default whenever the power to them gets cut.

Thank you!

This build is awesome! Very nice work.

This s till looks amazing compared to my 20 gallon build. I got it set up last night but the plumbing was leaking. Drained half the tank with LR in it and will have to fix it when I get home after a trip to Lowes :(

Sorry for the bad luck! What type of plumbing are you using?

• Like 1

Thanks for the info! My next upgrade is going to be either a new return pump since I have some no name brand that's rather loud or new lights but that's going to be rather expensive (looking at the Nano Box Duo). How is your pump in regards to noise? I'm getting a pretty loud hum from my current pump.

• Like 1

I seen these problems too with the older models, not so much with the newer. The pictures on amazon do not reflect the new controller etc. I also plan to buy another one to have for backup, as we all should.

I do have it plugged into my apex and power gets cut to it during feeding, maintenance and or my lower switch gets low due to a overflow clog. When it powers back up it powers back at the same speed it was via the controller. The controller does not seem to loose its memory even after power is loss.

Thank you!

Sorry for the bad luck! What type of plumbing are you using?

That's exactly the problem. Was using 1 inch pvc. I might just go straight hose this time though. I'm going to home depot directly after work. My LR is currently delivered today and sitting on my porch so It's going in the tank one way or the other today :P

• Like 1

I dont hear it. When it cuts on I hear it ramp but then total silence. Then when my skimmer and vortech is running, well you can hear that ahaha. But the noise is definitely toned down with my door etc on the stand.

Thanks for the info! My next upgrade is going to be either a new return pump since I have some no name brand that's rather loud or new lights but that's going to be rather expensive (looking at the Nano Box Duo). How is your pump in regards to noise? I'm getting a pretty loud hum from my current pump.

I dont hear it. When it cuts on I hear it ramp but then total silence. Then when my skimmer and vortech is running, well you can hear that ahaha. But the noise is definitely toned down with my door etc on the stand.

Damn, right now the only thing I can hear in my tank is the pump. My SCA-301 and Jebao RW-4 are dead silent and once I figure out a snail guard for my overflow I'll be able to get that completely silent and hopefully it will stay that way...