Pod Your Reef

Gumdrop shroom

Sancho

So I got a killer deal on a gumdrop today. The bad is that it was mounted on a piece of acrylic. I dont want to kill it but want to get it to mount to some rubble rock. So I carefully removed it from the unsightly piece of acrylic. I filled a small tupperware container with some sand and a bunch of rubble rock and placed the shroom in the container. I am kinda new to the shroom thing and was wondering how long they take to attach to the rock? Also what kind of light do they like? I would hate to melt this shroom. It was under T5 LED combo at the shop. Honestly It didnt look super happy I think it was getting too much light. But he has had it for awhile now and this shop is top notch. Any advice on placement and light these thrive under would be appreciated. The tank it is in now is a 34 solana with AI Hydra. I want to eventually put in in my cad 8 shrrom tank. That tank is lit with a AI prime.

To acclimate I would do towards the edge of the tank and at the bottom. Then little by little possibly move it more and more under the Hydra but still at the bottom and see how it does.

Red_Blenny

For me, it depends on the mushroom. Some took a few weeks, some took a few months. Just keep it in an area with low flow and low lighting. Maybe put the container in an area where there's shade/rock overhang.

To acclimate I would do towards the edge of the tank and at the bottom. Then little by little possibly move it more and more under the Hydra but still at the bottom and see how it does.

That is my plan. Just wondering if they do well under lots of light like some of my bounce shrooms or do they prefer lower light?

That is my plan. Just wondering if they do well under lots of light like some of my bounce shrooms or do they prefer lower light?

I'd say it should only take a few days to a week to attach....but, they're all different. The happier they are in their location, the faster it'll attach. I'd start in low light as well as low flow. See how it reacts to the conditions. If it starts getting all inflated and kinda stretched out looking...move it into a higher light area. Cool shroom. Where's the pics?

I'd say it should only take a few days to a week to attach....but, they're all different. The happier they are in their location, the faster it'll attach. I'd start in low light as well as low flow. See how it reacts to the conditions. If it starts getting all inflated and kinda stretched out looking...move it into a higher light area. Cool shroom. Where's the pics?

pics will come when its happy! right now it looks like a booger.

So here is a booger pic. like I said it is not very happy.

IMG_0126_zps5qhllxqq.jpg

Doesn't look that bad....it'll be a pretty one.

Archived