Top Shelf Aquatics

What settings for Mini?

Mike Savage

Mike Savage

I have had my Mini for a week and a half now and can't seem to get the color look I am happy with and don't know if I am running the lights bright enough. I really like the look of T5s and like the colors to "pop" just a little. The light sits 5" above the water line on a 12" cube. I have mostly zoas with a Duncan, Blasto welsi, and 5 sps. Oh, yeah, I have the Bluefish controller and 4 channels (V3).

Any and all help is greatly appreciated!

Mike

reefernanoman

I have had my Mini for a week and a half now and can't seem to get the color look I am happy with and don't know if I am running the lights bright enough. I really like the look of T5s and like the colors to "pop" just a little. The light sits 5" above the water line on a 12" cube. I have mostly zoas with a Duncan, Blasto welsi, and 5 sps. Oh, yeah, I have the Bluefish controller and 4 channels (V3).

Mike

What tank do you have? I put all my channels at around 15% on my Fusion 10G, except for the whites, since I like a little bluer look(That is around 10%). I'm slowly starting to ramp up my light 2% every Friday so that my corals get used to the minitde. Once I reach around 50% I'll probably leave the whites around 30% so that colors can "pop". Try to start very slow like I'm doing so that you don't cook your coral buddies, then worry about the "look" once everything is settled in. I hope that helps. Good luck.

nismo_sky32

I can't help with exact settings as I don't have the bluefish controller but my corals looked best with a 3:2 ratio. 3 for blues and 2 fit the rest

reefernanoman

I can't help with exact settings as I don't have the bluefish controller but my corals looked best with a 3:2 ratio. 3 for blues and 2 fit the rest

I think it's a little different with the BFM, since it is based on channels and percentages though the slider in the app.

jedimasterben

Mike

Put the controller in 'Free Mode' and then play with the channels until you find something that you like.

Mike Savage

I appreciate the help but I can't seem to find "Free" mode and this won't help me know the proper intensity. I don't want to bleach out my corals like I have seen from some other lights.

jedimasterben

I appreciate the help but I can't seem to find "Free" mode and this won't help me know the proper intensity. I don't want to bleach out my corals like I have seen from some other lights.

Free mode is under 'Play Scenes'. This will not dial in your intensity, it will dial in your color.

None of us can tell you what intensity you need. Start low and raise it a few percent per week, that's the best we can give, your corals will tell you the rest. ;)

Archived