Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

EHEIM Aquastyle 6 gallon with some goodies?

ManGups

I am looking to get a small aquarium more as a quarantine rather than a consistently running reef tank. I am looking at keeping it on a counter and don't want to spend too much on extra stuff (i.e. light like nanobox etc). I want to keep the budget tight less than 150.

I could have gone for standard tank at Petco and get accessories but I see this tank having better potential later if one decides to run a nano.

I came across the 'EHEIM Aquastyle Nano Aquarium' : http://www.amazon.com/EHEIM-Aquastyle-4-Gallon-Nano-Aquarium/dp/B005R4ALHQ

What do you guys think? It comes with the light etc

EHEIM Aquastyle details: http://www.f3images.com/IMD/UserManuals/EH6400371.pdf

Im using a similar tank as my qt. I wish i would have got a bigger tank :/

Its a nice pico but imo not the best for a qt

I agree not the best for quarantine. What I like best is the built in attachment for media and it being compact. I eventually would want this to be a 2nd or only tank.

I also got the jaebo rw-4 and an al prime so let's see.

NorthGaHillbilly

Get a ten gal tank, $15, and either a small hob filter or go the air stone route. After that get a heater, and your done.

Depending on how often you'll need to qt, you might end up needing to use some pretty potent stuff that would make your QT useless as a reef tank

Well I already ordered the aqua style. I did think of going that route but wanted something which was also more aesthetically pleasing.

Anyways I hope I don't have to use it often

I finally got the tank. The first one came broken and got a replacement came withing 2 days. Here it is right of the box + one of the goodies. (Al prime (white) in background - now awaiting Silver tank mount & Jabeo RW-4.

17208649267_b7eec0c7e7_h.jpg

First attempt - Broken Tank

17372500326_7b87d4c213_o.jpg

tdannhauser30

That thing looks really nice, Im always looking for a cool pico tank but still havent jumped on any. This thing looks pretty cool though, I like that the filter is tucked away in the corner, keep us updated!

Archived