SaltCritters.com

Some general questions about a refugium and biocude

DefStatic

So I thought it would be a good idea to do this. I have seen other biocube owners do it and swear by it. The idea and science behind it seems good. It also seems fairly easy. You can see pics of the setup here:

http://www.nano-reef.com/topic/360162-defstatic-first-29g-biocube-saltwater-nano/#entry5006620

I put in some chaeto a couple weeks ago. Seems to be doing ok. I have some live rock rubble under it. Well, more or less a few small pieces i had left over.

Is there anything I should be looking for? I noticed the pieces close to the window seem to be turning clear. But there also seems to be a lot of new greenish growth. And then I also noticed what seems to be a reddish colored stuff starting to collect.

I am running a cobalt 1200 in the thierd chamber. I thought I would have good water flow, but it does seem a fair amount stale in the second chamber. Should I stick something in there to move the water around a little?

Any tips or tricks would be great. I guess I jumped into this too fast without doing more research. I just want to make sure I am doing it correctly.

Archived