SaltCritters.com

8gal Stocking Fish Suggestions

bbales

Do you think that it would be fair to have a 6 line wrasse to be the only fish in my 8gal JBJ rimless? I know people say 10-20 as the minimum, but this is usually with other fish. Since 6 lines are such bullies as it is I figured having it as the only fish would be a good idea.

If no 6 line, I was thinking either 3 barnacle blennies or a yasha goby pistol shrimp pair. Suggestions?! =)

This tank is doing great as a coral only system but I would like some movement for the people who come visit and ask where is the feeeeesh? lol

If it were me and you have a lid I would do:

Tanakas pygmy wrasse

Exquisite fire fish

Midas blenny

If you want to stay lightly stocked, I would do just the fire fish and then get a cleaner shrimp, those two should entertain people enough but help keep a light bioload.

6 lines are fun to watch but crazy active. I'd feel really bad keeping it in anything smaller then a 20.

Citron clown gobies are cool. I recently went to a friends house and both of his (he has a 120, clown gobies are territorial) and both of his were out and just chilling.

Yes I have been wanting a Tanakas pygmy wrasse! Hopefully I can find one! Yes I do want to do light stocking as I am not running a skimmer. I want to get a cleaner shrimp too hoping that if I add him first then the wrasse second everyone would get along.

Archived