inTank Media Baskets

Coral ID please

Martin in China

Martin in China

I went out and bought 4 corals and I hope I did OK as I am trying to keep it simple yet colorful. I think I started with easy ones.

If anyone can help me to ID them that would be very helpful for here in China not many shop owners can tell me the Latin or English name.

DSC01291kleiner_zpszlkklunb.jpg

A zoa from Indonesia according to the shop owner, but which one (here all closed up)

DSC01283kleiner_zpsrbqguqmk.jpg

A mushroom

DSC01297kleiner_zpsygtjxjhg.jpg

another type of mushroom

DSC01299kleiner_zpsxpoxnjpn.jpg

A freebee hammerhead

The pictures aren't great but I hope they'll do.

I like that hammer!

First one is in the Favites family, maybe Favia but I'm pretty bad at identifying all the brain corals. It's most likely aggressive and can have decent sized sweepers so place accordingly. The half a head on the lower right is kind of a give away it's not a zoa IMO because zoas will close up or quickly melt when cut.

Zoa or Pally, look for sand bits in the stalk. If none then Zoa, otherwise Pally.

I also see what looks like Aptasia on the top right.

3rd looks like a superman mushroom, hard to tell with the yellow flash but red base blue dots.

I am also thinking that Hammer is really a frogspawn

Martin in China

I will have a hard time finding the right corals for my tank over here, maybe I should bring pictures, but I'm pretty sure they won't have the ones I show them.

Archived