inTank Media Baskets

Filter for Nuvo 16 gallon

Reef236

Jellyingabout

There is space in the back for your filtration.

Buy your own filtration media though cos the stuff it comes with is useless.

If it was me and money wasn't an issue I'd also add a nano skim and a HOB filter. You can never have too much filtration.

But if cash is limited than the space in the back should be good enough, Put a phosphate remover such as phosguard in there along with some filter floss. depending on how much stock you plan on i'd add a pinch of biopellets and some chemipure

ImAllBlurry

The Nuvo 16 is an AIO (All-In-One) design with a filter section behind the display section of the tank. There's room in that section for mechanical filtration devices (like a small protein skimmer or reactors), a heater, a small refugium, media baskets for chemical filtration and the return pumps that circulate the tank water though all of this and back out into the tank.

Biological filtration would be handled primarily with live rock in the display portion of the tank.

Jellyingabout

As a warning though in tanks with very low volumes such as these the amount of live rock that "looks good" is usually less than you need, especially because your livestock tend to be more densely packed into your volume. After keeping low volume tanks for a while my experience is that some biological filtration in the back is good, that way you will have more room in the front for your coral and fish if you like the open look as opposed to a wall of rock.

Archived