ReefCleaners.org

Mantis for 5 Gallon

llama roadkill

llama roadkill

Hey everyone,

I'm turning my other Spec V into a saltwater, this time as a FOWLR tank with a mantis. I'd love a peacock, but don't really have the room for a 40 gallon... :lol:

I've read for the tank size, N. wennerae, G. smithii, and G. viridis are the most suitable fits. Are these species okay to keep in a 5 gallon? Anyone have experience keeping a mantis in that size tank, or any other small tanks?

Thanks,

Jacob

llama roadkill

Someone on here had a black mantis in a 2.6 gallon pest tank

Tiki, right? Amazing tank, I was hoping to get him in here as well.

I have my peacock in a 20L right now. He's about 3" and I've had no problems. I definitely would not go smaller than that for a peacock. I almost ended up with a G. Smithii originally to be in a 5g I had. Ended up missing the opportunity on Bluezooaquatics to get him, so I got a bigger tank for my little guy. He's awesome. I also hear the Smithii's have the best personality of the smaller species.

NirvanaandTool

G. Smithii or N. Wennerae for a 5-10g. These are probably some of the best species you can get. Others are capable in this size tank but won't be as active or interactive. I had a G. Viridis in a 5g but all I saw was the top of its head peaking out of it's burrow.

llama roadkill

G. Smithii or N. Wennerae for a 5-10g. These are probably some of the best species you can get. Others are capable in this size tank but won't be as active or interactive. I had a G. Viridis in a 5g but all I saw was the top of its head peaking out of it's burrow.

Really? G. viridis is the mantis I most often see in stores, but I'll see if they can order a Smithii for me

Archived