SaltCritters.com

Is Bulk Reef Supply better than Marine depot?

kush'sreef

kush'sreef

I concur with that statement! I bought the custom caddy, then bought the Intank media basket, since it's MUCH better! Intank on the left, custom caddy on the right:

IMG_1847.jpg

I was wandering the difference between the two, definitely going intank now, thanks bra.

Random question what about shipping to Hawaii. (Kauai)

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
reefernanoman

another question, why the blue tape? @enzo28so

Just to keep things in place while it was shipped. I had just gotten it out of the box(brand new in other words).

printerdown01

I always through my $ to BRS when I can. You vote with your dollars. BRS puts out a lot of great videos that I have used over the years, and I have come to trust their recommendations... If you learn more from marine depot then give them your money. But just remember money votes not just for great prices and shipping offers but also for who helps ya out! If that is marine depot that's cool. But for me it is BRS hands down. Both are reputable companies to say the least!

Random question what about shipping to Hawaii. (Kauai)

Easy, USPS rates are not bad to HI. Free shipping on an order over $149. Look at UPS SurePost rates first and compare with the USPS. SurePost would still leave the warehouse with USPS either Priority or Standard Post.

another question, why the blue tape? @enzo28so

Keeps the door from moving and smashing down on the lower shelf during shipment. Blue tape doesn't leave a residue once removed. I see IM does not secure their doors, silly silly going to have way to much chance of breakage.

There is no way that hair gets anyone laid haha!

Yes way. Lots of chicks will only date guys with long hair. That is a proven fact of science! -_-

Both of you go watch Silicone Valley Season 2 Episode 3 right now. You'll get the answer to if chicks dig guys with long hair. hahaha

Both of you go watch Silicone Valley Season 2 Episode 3 right now. You'll get the answer to if chicks dig guys with long hair. hahaha

I left my vagina at work, it will have to wait until Monday.

reefernanoman

Here is an example of how good both companies are: When I need to replace my RO DI cartridges, I get the carbon/sediment cartridges from MD because I bought my RO kit from them and they give you 15% off for life when you do. Then I go to BRS for the DI rechargeable resin(saving me a ton of $ on the DI cartridge), since I bought their rechargeable DI canister. So there you go. Both are great!

kush'sreef

Well today Amazon won kessil gooseneck 40$ shipped, as compared to MD was 44$

I'll prolly return it don't think it's going to work unless I get a kessil lol

reefernanoman

Well today Amazon won kessil gooseneck 40$ shipped, as compared to MD was 44$

I'll prolly return it don't think it's going to work unless I get a kessil lol

You should buy a Kessil. I absolutely love my A160we! Dense matrix is amazing at bringing out the colors of my corals, like my rainbow Acans, and the shimmer is mesmerizing.
jedimasterben

Dense matrix is amazing at bringing out the colors of my corals, like my rainbow Acans, and the shimmer is mesmerizing.

You don't really know what 'dense matrix' means, do you? ;)

jedimasterben

Is it this?>

http://www.kessil.com/about/dense_matrix_led.php

So from that reading, it's got to do more with penetration right? But how about the shimmer and color? to have those LED's so close together has to have an impact on those two also no?

Dense matrix just means that the LEDs are in one 'die', instead of being in separate individual packages on a PCB (which is just a 'multichip' at that point), it has nothing to do with what LEDs are used or how they look. :)

So as far as the general theme of this thread. We want competition, we need competition. Like just one place, promote just one place, and up with just one place and then we're all screwed when there is no competition. Yes, a little over the top, but unless a retailer is just horrid I don't see any advantage to comparing two quality retailers head to head.

I buy most of my stuff from Premium Aquatics because it's one day UPS ground away from me and I've never had a significant issue with them. I use BRS as a backup due to shipping time since Marine Depot is in that silly western state. I have bought stuff from Marine Depot, I have two shirts, I like them just as much.

I do try and buy locally as much as possible, even if it means paying a little more. I donate some frags to my nearest LFS, the only saltwater store in my local area, and they give me decent discounts on corals in exchange. I buy ATI bulbs and some bulk supplies from a shop in Cincy near where I work.

More information than anyone should have to read through. :D

Archived